LighthouseKeepers.com

Yerba Buena

Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Yerba Buena - 06/20/01 04:57 AM

This past week, while on a business trip to San Fransico, my dad(I knew it was a slim chance that I would ever be granted permission for access to the light) was able to get to see Yerba Buena and get some pics for me.

The Keepers House. This is now where the Admiral lives.

The Lens

[This message has been edited by Chesapeake Bryan (edited 06-19-2001).]
Posted By: mombo

Re: Yerba Buena - 06/20/01 05:10 AM

Wow, that was great Bryan! Thanks for sharing with us. Sure hope that contamination didn't get your Dad!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Yerba Buena - 06/20/01 05:36 AM

What pull did you Dad have that he was able to get in and you wouldn't have?
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Yerba Buena - 06/20/01 06:00 AM

He's probably the Commandant of the Coast Guard. Or, he posed as someone from the contamination cleanup squad.

Nice pictures. Please thank your dad for sharing them. Seems as though he got a really good look at the light. And, a pretty day to boot.

Dave
Posted By: Nana

Re: Yerba Buena - 06/20/01 11:38 PM

Hi Bryan,

So glad that others are able to see Yerba Buena....I know what a hard time I had getting there...tell us what pull your Dad has.....inquiring minds want to know.
Derith
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Yerba Buena - 06/21/01 04:56 AM

Here are a few factors that I thinked helped my dad gain access to the island and the light:

1) He is a retired air force officer. Maybe the coast guard felt more comfortable letting a fellow military person on than just a regular civilian.

2) One of the guys he works with went to the Coast Guard Acamedy with said Admiral and knew him. I'm sure this name dropping did help out a bit.

3)Luck
© 2024 Collector Forums