LighthouseKeepers.com

San Francisco here I come!

Posted By: pierhead

San Francisco here I come! - 01/28/03 01:05 AM

Well...in November at least. I just booked the San Francisco Room at East Brother Island Lightstation (Bed and Breakfast) for November 9 - our first wedding anniversary! Then, for the rest of the week we'll be touring some of San Francisco, and seeing the following lights (hopefully):
Alcatraz, Ft. Point, Blunts Reef Lightship(?), Carquinez Strait, Pt Bonita, Pt Reyes, Pt Arena(maybe), Pt Montera, Pigeon Pt, Santa Cruz Light, Pt Pinos, and Pt Sur. Yerba Buena is one I'd also like to see, but I know I won't be able to get near it. I'm really excited, I've never been to San Francisco before ( or the West Coast for that matter ).
If any of you have any recommendations to offer as far as something else to see (or a light I may be overlooking), I'd really appreciate it.

Jared
Posted By: Dave H

Re: San Francisco here I come! - 01/28/03 08:31 PM

Jared,

Here are the stories of my adventures in the Bay area last September.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Dave
Posted By: pierhead

Re: San Francisco here I come! - 01/28/03 11:02 PM

Thanks Dave. Fantasy Football takes a lot of my attention wink in the fall. I missed those posts. Now that I've read them, I'm looking forward to November even more. Only 9 months to go....
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: San Francisco here I come! - 01/30/03 07:14 PM

Don't forget Miles Rock, which is easy to see.

When driving from San Franciso to Oakland, stick to the extreme right lane of the bridge and you should be able to see Yerba Buena.

And have dinner at Quinn's Lighthouse restaurant in Oakland. Good food and it is an original lighthouse.

Robert
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: San Francisco here I come! - 01/30/03 07:39 PM

I hope you have a great time there, Jared! I would love to see the lights of San Francisco and the surrounding area! Maybe in the future Harbour Lights will have a reunion there!
Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: San Francisco here I come! - 02/01/03 02:27 PM

In case you miss Yerba Buena, here's a photo of it shot from a friends sloop while sailing with them on SF Bay.

Gary
Posted By: lmyhre

Re: San Francisco here I come! - 02/13/03 10:36 PM

Does anyone know if you can see Yerba Buena from the Oakland - San Francisco Ferry?

Larry
© 2024 Collector Forums