LighthouseKeepers.com

Visit to Virginia & Outer Banks - Chapter 2

Posted By: Webmaster

Visit to Virginia & Outer Banks - Chapter 2 - 10/17/03 10:41 PM

Gary Martin would be proud of me today! He hadn't forgiven me for sleeping in on those morning opportunities during our WACKO tour of Door County a few years back.

But I was up and on the road to Bodie Island by 6 AM. I pulled into the drive off the main highway and there were already 3 cars in the parking lot. I pulled around to get a shot of the tower and keepers house from the tree line.

I got a lot of 'em, but I like this one best.

Only one other photographer on hand, the other two cars must belong to people working at the Keepers Quarters (but at 6:30 AM??). Now the other photographer, working in front of me about 50 yards pulls his Aztec into my field of view! Geez.

I yell and ask him to move it. "OK, just let me get a filter out." A few minutes later he drives it closer to me, but out of my view.

This guy looks familiar. But it's still dark and he's got a red jacket that kind of hides him.

Hmmm. The tripod and camera are even looking familiar. I yell out "Gary?"

He replies. "Yes?"

Now he hassles me because HE was there a full hour before I got there. LOL. Last guy I expected to run into today.

A final few shots of the Keepers Quarters before I head back to the hotel to shower and change...

Time to go to the book signing. I'll post some more photos later tonight.

John
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Visit to Virginia & Outer Banks - Chapter 2 - 10/17/03 11:42 PM

John...that is just tooooo funny! laugh laugh laugh
Ruthie smile
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Visit to Virginia & Outer Banks - Chapter 2 - 10/18/03 01:27 AM

Hilarious! Gary, now I know what you look like, I just may run into you on the shores of Michigan one of these days.. hehe...

John, gorgeous sunrise on that first shot!
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Visit to Virginia & Outer Banks - Chapter 2 - 10/18/03 02:29 AM

I agree with Ruthie and Jenifer...too funny! I love the colors on your sunrise photo. Keep your stories and photos coming. They're a joy.

Tammy
© 2024 Collector Forums