LighthouseKeepers.com

More pictures of Maine

Posted By: MtnHkr

More pictures of Maine - 08/16/02 02:35 AM

I must have been following in Dennis' footsteps. Here are a few of my pictures.

First Cape Elizabeth Tower that is in use.

Cape Elizabeth tower in private hands. Not being used.

Marshall Point

Posted By: Bob M

Re: More pictures of Maine - 08/16/02 04:04 AM

Hey Bert, ...You're getting really good at this. Keep up the great work.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: wheland

Re: More pictures of Maine - 08/16/02 07:17 PM

Bert,

Who's this Denise person?

Pictures look great. You had much better weather in Maine then we did. I had hazy and fog.

It gives variety to the pictures- you don't want them all to look too perfect. smile

Dennis
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: More pictures of Maine - 08/16/02 07:56 PM

Sorry about that Dennis! I was so concerned about getting my pictures in that I failed to watch my spelling.

You're right about taking pictures from ones own point of view. I thought your pictures were great also and tried to pick some that were different to put on the forum.

I enjoy Maine very much. It's by far my favorite state, especially for lighthouse visiting and for the coast in general. The further north and east I go, the better it seems to get.

Sorry you didn't get out to Squirrel Point. I guess a lot of people don't go out there because of the walk in from the end of the road. I guess it's about a mile in as it took Sharon and I just about 25 minutes to get in (we took a wrong turn)and 20 minutes to get back to the truck. We walk 4 miles every day for the heck of it, so this wasn't too bad. We also walked the beach out to a fair view of Pond Island Light. I took a picture but it was far out and outside of knowing that its a picture of a lighthouse, there isn't any detail. Saw Sequin the same way. Maybe next time I'll check in to a boat cruise.

Thanks for sharing your pictures also.

Bert
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: More pictures of Maine - 08/18/02 07:00 AM

Another set of great pictures! Good job Bert!
© 2024 Collector Forums