LighthouseKeepers.com

Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III

Posted By: WackoPaul

Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III - 10/06/05 03:20 AM

Continued from..

Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part I

Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part II

Day Six Continued..

The flowers are all located at the place we have breakfast in St. Ignace, the Hillside House Restaurant.. Really nice breakfasts!

After breakfast we do a little back tracking since the sun is out, at least for a while (partly cloudy).

We stop at the lower Tahquamenon Falls that we bypassed the day before during the downpour..

The partly cloudy became mostly cloudy, so I tried to use that by letting the sun highlight certain areas when I shot the image..

Re: Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III - 10/06/05 03:22 AM

There are several small falls located here as the river splits around an island..

On the road back towards the Mackinac Bridge, we stop along the road to get a closer look at the fall foliage and shoot some images...

Re: Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III - 10/06/05 03:24 AM

We took a short trip down to Cheboygan to see which Mack was in port, it's the Old Mack..

A couple of shots of the crib light...

It's 85 and sunny as this father and his two sons swim in the lake, this is October 5th in the Mackinaw Straights, unbelieveable!!

A quick shot of the newly restored range light in Cheboygan and then back to Mackinaw City and our hotel..

Re: Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III - 10/06/05 03:25 AM

But first we drove to see the lighthouse that's for sale just West of Mackinaw City... I wonder what's just beyond the gate..

That's better, the McGulpin's Point Lighthouse is available for purchase.. I have forgotten the asking price..

Of an image of Old Mack the lighthouse to finish off a Great day of leaf peeping, waterfalls, flowers, a ship and lighthouses!!

Continued at.. Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part IV
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III - 10/06/05 01:38 PM

Nice pictures.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III - 10/07/05 02:07 AM

Great pictures Paul. Love the flowers and the waterfalls.

Bert smile
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III - 10/08/05 02:43 AM

McGulpin is for sale?! Wow-ee.
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Long and Winding Road to Alpena Part III - 10/08/05 02:58 AM

man I sure wish I had an extra 1.75 Million laying around....

http://www.wwlx.net/idx/gill/residential/propview.php?view=240128
© 2024 Collector Forums