LighthouseKeepers.com

Cape Canaveral Lighthouse?

Posted By: Tybee_Sullivan

Cape Canaveral Lighthouse? - 03/16/08 10:16 AM

The Kennedy Space Center tour no longer stops at the lighthouse. Has anyone taken the tour? Are the windows in the busses tinted or clear?

If the windows are clear, I could use a telephoto lens and a polarizer filter, and get a good picture. If they are tinted, I may have to offer the bus driver $20 to stop so I can get a picture.

What are your opinions?
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Cape Canaveral Lighthouse? - 03/18/08 02:34 AM

I did both tours one with the lighthouse and one without. I dont think they go past the lighthouse on the other bus tours but I could be wrong it was a very long time ago. Call and ask before you go.
Posted By: sandy

Re: Cape Canaveral Lighthouse? - 03/18/08 03:09 AM

Only the "Then and Now" bus tour goes near the lighthouse. The others take you everywhere but anywhere near the light.

The bus we took did not have tinted windows, but that's not necessarily true of all the buses.

Sandy
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Cape Canaveral Lighthouse? - 03/18/08 04:34 AM

Best to check because the light is on the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. They normally do not allow the tours to come onto the station, and the light is fairly well inside the station perimeter. There is a very distant shot available from the public beach in town.
Posted By: Tybee_Sullivan

Re: Cape Canaveral Lighthouse? - 03/18/08 08:30 AM

I grew up in that area, and have been to Jetty Park. Even with my 80-400mm lens, I wouldn't be able to get the picture I want from there. The Then and Now tour goes by the lighthouse but doesn't stop anymore. I called them when I went to Florida a few weeks ago.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Cape Canaveral Lighthouse? - 03/18/08 01:47 PM

Cape Canaveral Lighthouse
© 2024 Collector Forums