LighthouseKeepers.com

We're Back!!! What a vacation.....

Posted By: akmn

We're Back!!! What a vacation..... - 07/25/00 09:29 PM

Well Mindy and I arrived home late Monday/early Tuesday morning the 24th of July from an absolutely wonderfull lighthousing vacation. We drove about 2700 miles total and saw well over 20 lights in Michigan. What a great trip! There was so much to do and so much to see that we were rushed most of the time but still had a blast. A complete log will be posted along with pictures when we get them back soon! Highlights of our trip: The ENTIRE coast of western Michigan!!! and also the unspoiled U.P was amazing! We especially enjoyed the Sault Ste Marie area and Keewenaw Peninsula! I hope to have a complete log and pictures up later this week.
Posted By: Brent

Re: We're Back!!! What a vacation..... - 07/26/00 12:09 AM

'Sounds great.....'looking forward to your narrative and photos. I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time up there.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: We're Back!!! What a vacation..... - 07/26/00 03:03 AM

Can't wait to hear about your "Entire Coast

of Western Michigan" trip!

Were you in our "town"???

We did this trip a few years ago!! FABULOUS!

ALOT of Kodak moments!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: We're Back!!! What a vacation..... - 07/26/00 05:54 AM

Quote:
saw well over 20 lights in Michigan

I'm thinking you probably saw well over 20 lights! We'll be looking forward to a complete listing, report and pictures. More LHPM (lighthousing per mile) in Michigan than anywhere else!

Dave
Posted By: mombo

Re: We're Back!!! What a vacation..... - 07/26/00 07:13 AM

Wating with baited breath (whatever that means)!
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: We're Back!!! What a vacation..... - 07/27/00 04:13 AM

I'm glad you had fun. I hope I was able to help. The Keeweenaw is beautiful and my son and I enjoyed the Sault Ste Marie area also. I am coming to Minnesota next week, Minneapolis to the North Shore.

[This message has been edited by Suzanne Murphy (edited 07-27-2000).]
Posted By: lmyhre

Re: We're Back!!! What a vacation..... - 07/28/00 02:49 AM

I'm going to be taking a similar trip in September, so I look forward to hearing the details of your trip. Also, any little tips on unusual driving directions, things to avoid, or unusual things you enjoyed would be helpful and appreciated. Which were your favorite lights?

Larry
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: We're Back!!! What a vacation..... - 08/08/00 10:50 PM

Will be looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Regards,

Ned
© 2024 Collector Forums