LighthouseKeepers.com

LIGHTHOUSE PHOTO EXCHANGE

Posted By: greed

LIGHTHOUSE PHOTO EXCHANGE - 01/30/99 01:41 AM

Wondering if anyone would be interested in exchanging good quality photos. I have a lot of good photos from the New England area and are interested in exchanging them for good quality photos from the west coast, great lakes area and mid-atlantic. Since some of us can't travel the country all the time, I figured this would be a great way to see the different lighthouses in its natural surroundings(not in books). Let me/us know your thoughts about this subject and maybe we can start an exchange with the other collectors who appreciate lighthouses.
Posted By: RFoster

Re: LIGHTHOUSE PHOTO EXCHANGE - 01/30/99 02:54 AM

I like the idea and think that it works with good quality post cards as well.

Ron
Posted By: Bob M

Re: LIGHTHOUSE PHOTO EXCHANGE - 01/30/99 03:53 AM

Howdy Boys, I've been swapping photos and postcards via snail-mail for awhile. I also scan my photos and send them out to all those on the Internet that will put up with me. My own photos cover the lighthouses I have visited on Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Block Island, Long Island NY & vicinity, Rhode Island, mainland Massachusetts, and Connecticut. I've also scanned photos of pictures friends have sent me, but if I send them out I always credit the person who took the picture.

I usually send 15-20 pictures of different LHs at a time in exchange for a similar amount from the other person. It's great! I have a wonderful album of photos thanks to this informal photo exchange.

(That's the word from the East Coast.
Yes, Fred, it's finally colder here than at your house in California. )
Posted By: tnkeeper

Re: LIGHTHOUSE PHOTO EXCHANGE - 01/30/99 07:06 AM

What about those of us who have only visited a
couple of lighthouses? I have some great photos
of Cape Lookout & Ponce, but ,right now at least, that's
all I have.
I'd love to share them.
I also like Ron's idea of exchanging postcards. I especially
like the black & white ones.

Debbie
Posted By: bakerhte

Re: LIGHTHOUSE PHOTO EXCHANGE - 03/13/99 08:50 PM

I would be glad to send lighthouse photos to anyone who is interested. I will not guarantee the quality. My job gives me the opportunity to travel the world. I love lighthouses and my camera is usually not far away. Especially when I know that lights are near.I only have a few available for e-mail right now but the scanner should be here next week. I have new photos of Barnegat and Sea Girt. Should have Portland Head, Two Lights, Sanibel, Egg Island, and St Georges Reef available soon. I will have to search my files for others once scanner is delivered.

JamesB
© 2024 Collector Forums