LighthouseKeepers.com

Rod Watsons Web Site

Posted By: Lighthousedude

Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/18/99 01:37 PM

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here I am anyway.

If you haven't visited Rods web site you owe it to yourselfs to do so.

Great photos and historical tid-bits!!!! A very fine "tour" of some very nice lights.

(Rod, I signed your guestbook but it wouldn't let me write in comments??)
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/18/99 04:56 PM

Looks like as good a place as any, Mike...

Rod's excellent site can be found at:

http://home.neo.rr.com/rodsphotogallery/Lighthouses/LighthouseIndex.html

I like his organization. Start at any light, then move forward or backward to the next light along the shore.

Great photos to boot!

Way to go Rod!
Posted By: Art

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/18/99 07:14 PM

Yep, the site's a peach. Well worth the visit.

Well, what are you waiting for? Go there now!

------------------
-Art
[This message has been edited by Art (edited 05-18-99).]
Posted By: Al and Kathy

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/18/99 10:44 PM

Rod, I also visited you site quite a while ago and couldn't leave any comments either - just as Mike says.

It's a great site and think that you've done a great job.

Kathy
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/18/99 10:55 PM

Thanks guys! (my web tracker system is going through the roof today, wonder why. LOL. Nothing like throwing off all those nice steady graphs)

When I return from vacation, I am going to try and revamp the Guest Book. I have had off and on problems with it lately, especially with Netscape users, (I think it is the amateur webmaster's fault), but thanks for the thought!

-St.Rod of over-his-head web site tinkering
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/19/99 12:11 AM

Some real nice scans, Rod.

Saint WackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
Posted By: S Dalessandro

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/19/99 01:11 AM

I just checked the site out. Great job, Rod!
The site just earned a spot on my Favorites list.
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/19/99 01:40 AM

ROFLOL, Paul

Paul was very gracious in scanning my first 21 Lighthouse photos for me, scattered within my site, and on my HL.com Gallery page before I finally caught the bug to purchase a scanner for myself. It was John's request for some shots on the HL Gallery page, and Paul's excellent scans that really got me interested in actually laying out a site.

I had no intentions of eventually creating my own site, but it was so fun learning about HTML from Tim's posts and other sites, playing on the forums, and John and Paul's work that peaked my interest. Now I am absolutely hooked, and having a blast laying it out. It is only a little over 2 months old, but growing rather quickly. I believe there are around 55 total pages so far. I am really starting to learn alot about HTML, search engine requirements, tracker systems, meta tags, java, etc. It's definately a stress release from dealing with all my wacked out clients and gives me something to do with the thousands of shots laying around the house collecting dust. I had a major accident a few years back that resulted in the soaking of around 300 photos and 100 or so negatives. Alot of shots were lost, so this is a way of keeping some of the shots on a semi-permanent medium in case of future accidents or fires, etc.

I do have to thank John and Paul for creating a monster, but my client's probably don't thank you! LOL. Just dealing with such a minor little site sure increases my respect of the kind of work John has to go through keeping up the HL.com, Lighthousekeepers.com, and Membertrends.com sites.

Paul, you ought to start some kind of "scanning" service for a small fee, for people who would love to have their photos on their own computer, but can't afford a scanner, Photoshop, Image Ready, etc. Maybe even a service touching up old tattered family pictures for people's computers, etc. you do a great job...and I'm sure you have tons of time between work, shooting all the HL pictures, and traveling to every HL store, etc. LOL.
-RodW
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 05-18-99).]
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/19/99 02:49 AM

Rod,

Let me echo the comments already posted here, and say that your web site is awesome! Keep up the great work and my thanks to you for sharing your photos and your talents with us.

-Todd
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/19/99 03:32 AM

Goodness Gracious Rod,

After all the positive comments about your site I was quick to visit your site. What a really great undertaking ! Your site along with HL will get a visit most everyday from this collector. It is so interesting to see photos of the lights that we have never seen...SO, thanks for all of us who will enjoy them and learn from your commentary.

Derith
Posted By: mombo

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/20/99 05:57 AM

Rod, excellent job! Great pictures! Looking forward to all the planned additions
Posted By: Kat

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/25/99 04:50 AM

Rod, your website is laid out very nice...I found it quite "user friendly"!! I can't wait to see more michigan light pics. Got a few off Lake Michigan if your interested.
Kat {=^+^=}
Posted By: JoAnn

Re: Rod Watsons Web Site - 05/27/99 04:58 AM

Thanks for a great site ,Rod!I tried to leave a comment in the guestbook but site wouldn't accept it for some reason.
© 2024 Collector Forums