LighthouseKeepers.com

WILD cruise

Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

WILD cruise - 09/04/05 02:53 AM

Hello,

We were going to go to our state fair tonight to watch a band. But it's raining. So, I'm just finishing going through the last photos from the WILD cruise.

We had a nice time on the WILD Lake Superior cruise. Although the weather wasn't cooperative all the time, it was fun seeing some familiar faces and getting to know some new people. With the exception of Sand Island, the captain did an excellent job positioning the boat and allowing sufficient time for photos. The crew also seemed to interact more with the passengers this year. It was a great time!

Paul already did a great job sharing details and photos. Here are some I'd like to share...

Bald Eagle I normally don't bring along my 100-400 mm zoom lens unless I'm going to be photographing wildlife. When we saw this eagle, I was glad I had it. (Even with the zoom lens, I had to crop this shot.)

Duluth Outer Lighthouse

View of Split Rock from the Keweenaw Star This was my first time seeing Split Rock from a boat.

I was trying to take some photos of Split Rock from the shore, but all these people were in my photo. wink

The McBees and the Bill doll @ Split Rock

Re: WILD cruise - 09/04/05 03:25 AM

Bob Ott instigated a beer run after dinner. Here is Vicki distributing the last of the alcohol.

Judy Rath and Bob Ott

Judy and Suzanne

Thanks to the Suzanne and the rest of the WILD crew for planning this trip. Looking forward to next year!

Tammy
Posted By: Kat

Re: WILD cruise - 09/07/05 03:49 AM

Tammy,
Great pics, thanks for sharing them. Larry and I had a terrific time on the WILD cruise as well. Suzanne, Judy, Pam and all the WILD ones did a super job.

Kat and Larry Waterson
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: WILD cruise - 09/07/05 03:10 PM

Bob O certainly doesn't seem to be showing any effects of that three week illness he was recovering from! laugh

Great picture of Duluth with the sailboats!

Mike
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: WILD cruise - 09/07/05 05:40 PM

Mike,

Being surrounded by good old friends, new friends, and fellow lighthouse lovers seemed to help one heck of a lot. Plus, it I didn't keep up with everyone else, I knew that I would probably have been left behind.

bobo
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: WILD cruise - 09/08/05 04:55 AM

We made sure that Bob didn't over do things too much. But, he really did seem to enjoy traveling with five women.
Posted By: Real Window Gallery

Re: WILD cruise - 09/11/05 07:02 AM

Looks like good clean fun!
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: WILD cruise - 09/11/05 09:16 PM

Suzanne,

Just enjoy? I was ecstatic!

bobo
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: WILD cruise - 09/12/05 03:07 PM

Must be the hat that got the women! laugh
Posted By: seagirt

Re: WILD cruise - 09/12/05 03:56 PM

That's Bob, our Jester of the Court. smile

Looks like a great trip...one of these days, I'm going to make this one. What fun!

Tammy, nice photos...I especially like the Duluth and the first Split Rock. You're kind of the "Split Rock Queen" - it's always fun to see a new angle of the light from you.
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: WILD cruise - 09/12/05 07:35 PM

Thank You All for a very OUTSTANDING trip
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: WILD cruise - 09/13/05 02:13 AM

Great pictures Tammy cool Sometime I would love to do one of your trips Suzanne...everyone sure seems to have a great time.
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: WILD cruise - 09/13/05 06:30 AM

Thanks Everyone!

A WILD cruise is a fantastic opportunity for a WACKO get-together! We spend lots of time together, see some great lighthouses and have some great times! WILD Times! WILD WACKO Friends!

Re: WILD cruise - 09/29/05 02:51 AM

Thanks to Suzanne for the great booklet she put together from the WILD cruise! (Sorry if there is already a thread for this somewhere else.)
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: WILD cruise - 09/29/05 02:55 AM

So, what's the plan for next year's cruise??
© 2024 Collector Forums