LighthouseKeepers.com

Cape Henry

Posted By: Beaconfollower

Cape Henry - 04/08/02 04:12 AM

I was wondering if anyone has tried lately to get to see Cape Henry light. I was told by my friend in Virginia that they were denied entry into where the lighthouses were, because it a base. Has this happened to anyone else? I know here in New York we are unable to get to Buffalo Light because it is on the Coast Guard base. I will also try to reach the organization that cares for the two lights. I am going to Va Beach this weekened and was hoping to visit them. I would appreciate any input I can get.

Thanks,
Sheryl

[This message has been edited by Beaconfollower (edited 04-07-2002).]
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Cape Henry - 04/08/02 04:59 AM

I believe I've heard it is more accessible now. Here's a number to try. 757-422-9421. Only the "Old Cape Henry" tower is open to climb, I think.

Re: Cape Henry - 04/09/02 01:28 AM

Thanks John will call that number. I was trying to get in touch with someone but not having any luck. Thanks again.

Sheryl
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Cape Henry - 04/09/02 04:20 AM

I was up in Virginia Beach in February and was able to see both lights then. All I needed to do was show them an ID and tell them where I was going and they let me right on the base. The security is really tight on the base, so be prepared to spend a few minutes at the gate.

Hope this helps...

Re: Cape Henry - 04/10/02 01:20 AM

Chesapeake

Thanks for the information. I got in touch with someone from the local lighthouse group. They told me which gate was best to go in and to have ID ready. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again.

Sheryl
© 2024 Collector Forums