LighthouseKeepers.com

Short trips to Lake Michigan

Posted By: Anonymous

Short trips to Lake Michigan - 01/31/02 05:24 AM

Living here in SW Michigan is a Godsend if you like to photograph the lights. I took a quick trip out to the lake last Saturday to shoot the sunset and the twilight. Thought I'd post a note here to share a couple of pics from Saturday night. At first the sunset didn't look like it would do much for the half dozen or so photographers I was sharing the pier with. Band of clouds out on the horizon that the sun was going to sink into. As it did though, it back lit the clouds in shades of yellow/orange/red. This first shot was taken when the sun was about down to the horizon. As the sunset continued, the color then began to come up directly to the south across the channel in the afterglow. The second shot was taken about 20 minutes after the sun was below the horizon. Hope that you all enjoy these. There was a second trip the following evening to St Joe's but I don't want this to end up being too long.
Gary
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Short trips to Lake Michigan - 01/31/02 05:35 AM

Wonderful! Thanks for the pictures! I wanted to see sunsets on my last trip to the Michigan West Coast, but it rained the entire trip. So, thanks for letting me see a beautiful sunset!

Suzanne
Posted By: Larry

Re: Short trips to Lake Michigan - 01/31/02 05:40 AM

Once again...STUNNING

We expect nothing less!
Posted By: Bud Schrader

Re: Short trips to Lake Michigan - 01/31/02 05:50 AM

Nice shots, Gary! We were in S. W. Mi.
the last week of Oct. I made a collage
of my shots and gave it to my Pastor
who lived in Muskegon for many years.
I'm just beginning to get serious about my