LighthouseKeepers.com

Isle Royale Lighthouses

Posted By: WisKeeper

Isle Royale Lighthouses - 04/24/04 04:58 AM

I just got back from a two hour presentation on Isle Royale put on by the U.S. park service.

There were slides of lighthouses in the presentation, along with a story of a shipwreck in which the people on the boat stayed inside the Rock of Ages tower overnight.

It is a beautiful island!

I talked to the park people about purchasing the Isle Royale National Park pin with Rock Harbor lighthouse on it. They told me they only have 60-80 of these pins left and their new pins have wolf and moose on them. They will not be making the pin with the lighthouse on it any more.

So, they are putting all the lighthouse pins aside for me until I get a count from people going on the Lake Superior boat trips in August as to who wants one or more of these pins. If you want one of these pins, even if you aren't going on the boat trip, let me know.

Suzanne Murphy
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Isle Royale Lighthouses - 04/24/04 05:58 AM

Suzanne...I'll buy a pin from you if you have enough. If you have them by the DC weekend I could get it from you to save the hassle of mailing it.

Re: Isle Royale Lighthouses - 04/28/04 04:28 AM

Thanks Lorie. I put you down for one pin. I won't have them by Door County, but I am sure I will see you around or I can mail it to you.
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Isle Royale Lighthouses - 04/28/04 01:39 PM

Suzanne,
We'll buy a pin, two if you have enough to go around. Thanks!

Re: Isle Royale Lighthouses - 04/29/04 01:12 AM

I will put you down for two pins. Thanks!
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Isle Royale Lighthouses - 04/29/04 01:51 AM

Suzanne,

Please put me down for one pin. See you in Door County.
© 2024 Collector Forums