LighthouseKeepers.com

Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta

Posted By: DANIEL

Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/25/00 11:40 PM

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the lighthouse for this year,that Bill announced Saturday at the Atlanta collector’s expo.
Did it go over everyone’s head or is it to be kept a secret?

Daniel
Posted By: lmyhre

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/26/00 01:46 AM

I wasn't there so I don't know. But, I can keep a secret and I'm sure the other forumites can too. So, you can tell us without worry. I'm anxious to hear!

Larry
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/26/00 02:47 AM

Hey Dan, ...if you know something we don't...by all means, tell us!

Bob

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/26/00 03:02 AM

On Saturday during the 1:00PM seminar, Bill asked if anybody has any questions.
Someone asked him what was going to be the next L.E. for this year.
Bill started talking about how he could not release that information. Then he looks over to Maureen Atwell and says a name. He pauses and stares at her while she looks back at him with a disgusted look.
Does any one else that was at the Atlanta show remember this?
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/26/00 05:57 AM

Hey Daniel...we're waiting on the edge of our seats to hear what you news is all about!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/26/00 08:43 PM

"while she looks back at him with a disgusted
look." ?

She was probably just putting the "Evil Eye" on him

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/27/00 12:32 AM

Mark
It was definitely the evil eye.

I was hoping that someone else that was at Atlanta could help me out.
The name half way flew over my head.
It was one I didn’t recognize, so out of site out of mind.
Except I do remember a part of it. The sound HERE or HAIR was a part of its name. Not necessarily how it was spelled, but part of the sound of the name. I think there are a few Lighthouses that can fit that discription.

I wish I had a pen and paper with me so that I could have wrote it down.

Daniel
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/27/00 12:50 AM

You people sure miss a lot at the chats!!!

At the Saturday Seminar, someone asked Bill what the Christmas 2000 piece would be.

Bill mouthed to Maureen in the back 'Can we name that one yet?' and Maureen said 'No!'

Bill then said 'OK', whispered into the mike 'Hereford Inlet New Jersey' and without missing a beat when on talking about something else.

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/27/00 01:21 AM

Thanks John
I wondered how long I was going to have to sweat this one out by myself. I didn’t hear New Jersey or I would have remembered it.

I hope that conveying information to other collectors is not only going to be at the chat room.
I always thought of this forum as a type of chat room.
I do agree that we all should support the chat room more. However, many have good reasons why they don’t or can’t.

Daniel
Posted By: Joanne

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/27/00 03:28 AM

I'm very excited about that choice for the Christmas piece. I saw a photo of it over a year ago and thought that it just had to be the next lighthouse chosen to be the Christmas piece. I think it's just beautiful and I know the sculpture will be fabulous.

Joanne
Posted By: Art

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/28/00 06:29 AM

I can't wait! Another HL from my home state and even from my veritable childhood summer home. While there in 1998, I saw some 19th century photos of people ice skating on the inlet in front of the light. The HL would be neat with little ice skaters, no?
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=42289&a=287776&p=10913394&Sequence=1[/img]
Posted By: DeDo

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/28/00 02:44 PM

So glad to hear Hereford Inlet will be the Christmas piece. We visited it four years ago while spending a week at Cape May. Not that it matters for a Christmas piece, but it had the most beautiful gardens surrounding it. The landscaping & perennial flowers were the best I've ever seen related to lighthouses.

Donna

Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/29/00 03:44 AM

Thanks for posting the photo, Donna, those really are beautiful gardens!

Barb
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/29/00 06:15 AM

It is too bad, that as a Christmas piece they won't be able to include those beautiful gardens. But, ice skaters would be a nice touch!
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 05/30/00 02:31 PM

Thanks for the "heads-up" and the pictures! This one should be a great seller, especially in the State of New Jersey. Doesn't NJ have more HL Collectors than any other state?

Bob
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 06/03/00 06:38 AM

Thanks for the info and the pictures.. Look forward to seeing what they put with this.. Ice Skaters? Kids on a sled? Snow piled up past the windows? A Bill doll?

Rusty
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 06/09/00 01:17 AM

Great pictures;

Looking forward to seeing this piece. Thanks for the info. Its good to be back on the forums again. Can't wait till the next chat.

Dale
Posted By: dwood

Re: Future lighthouse L.E. announced at Atlanta - 06/09/00 07:30 AM

I'm excited! My rule is not to buy any HLs that I haven't visited, but of course I broke that rule and had to have all the Christmas pieces. This will be my first Christmas piece that I've actually been to!

Dixie
© 2024 Collector Forums