LighthouseKeepers.com

Anyone heard any rumors?

Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/22/08 07:12 PM

Anyone heard any rumors on Store signings or what this years Collectors Society pieces are?
Posted By: GreenBadger

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/24/08 03:10 AM

Hoping to find out soon......The Door Co. Lighthouse Walk is in May...in the past, there was an event there, maybe?
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/24/08 04:51 AM

yes and no . . . .

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/24/08 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
yes and no . . . .
I would take that as:

Yes - you know what's soon to be announced as the CS pieces???, and.....

No - their is do Door County signing this year???

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/24/08 04:12 PM

maybe....
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/24/08 04:28 PM

a whole barrel full of information to be had here...
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/26/08 04:26 AM

Ok Dave! It's not nice to tease us.
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/26/08 09:22 PM

There will be a WILD event during the Door County Lighthouse Walk on May 17, 2008.

Check it out here:
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000370;p=1#000000

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 03/30/08 07:38 PM

Still no news on the upcoming Collectors Society editions???

I think it's time to check in with my local HL dealer to see what they know !!! laugh
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 04/03/08 04:39 PM

Just heard from my dealer and was told that the member Society piece is Horseshoe Range West Group Lower Front Range Light in Pennsylvania (HL559). The Redemption piece is the Rear Range light (HL560).

Here is link to what I believe is correct from the Lighthouse Depot database.

Horseshoe Range West Group Lower Front Range Light
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 04/03/08 10:03 PM

Oh.

Was hoping maybe to see something other than gone-but-not-forgotten Delaware River range lights this year.

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 04/04/08 01:23 AM

Thanks for the society news!!! cool
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 04/04/08 02:24 AM

Well...........looks like it's wait till next year for my choice.

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 04/04/08 03:18 PM

I was surprised that the CS pieces where from the same area as last year.

Surprised, but know disappointed. smile

I did some research and these two lights are really unique.

I'm looking forward to the Horseshoe Rear Range Light.

Now we'll need a matching set of the Horseshoe lights on the NJ side. laugh
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 04/04/08 11:01 PM

One thing I just thought of...DUH...this is the Grand Tour speaking. Pennsylvania, being a coastal, lighthouse-bearing state, has to be included. But, really, they have three lights, plus a "recognised faux" one.

Erie Land Light was the 2006 CF Exclusive. Presque Isle came out in 1997. The Presque Breakwater Light, while cool looking, isn't really "big seller" material. And Turtle Rock is...well, it's a boathouse with a tower on it. Lighthouse-ness? Debatable.

I wouldn't be as disappointed if last year's Society pieces weren't from the same region. Some of those old range lights were cool, in that strange way. (Though I'm the one with the soft spot for range lights...) The rear range is even crazier.

I'd be less disappointed if last year's wasn't from the same region and along the same concept. I'll probably buy them, as I did the New Castle Lights this year, because I've been getting into collecting the special edition pieces, and it will be a cool piece.

But...hopefully, next year, there'll be something more exciting. Like the long-asked-for Chops. (Though they might be better sellers in the "regular market?")

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 04/07/08 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:
Anyone heard any rumors on Store signings or what this years Collectors Society pieces are?
Anyone care to share what's going on with the HL website? Hasn't been updated in a while.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 05/20/08 11:37 AM

Rumors seem to be few and far between. Despite the efforts of Harbour Lights to keep the collective juices flowing with the Legacy and the Musings, they haven't been able to replace the old "slip of the lip" that Bill Younger was famous for.

I admit the product keeps getting better but I still miss the Youngers more active participation.

:rolleyes: Bob

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 05/20/08 02:34 PM

I think we're experiencing the calm before the storm (in a good way). In a few weeks the remaining 2008 lineup will be announced and many posts will be flying with a happy buzz.

In fairness to TonyC, his occasional post over the last year has stirred the pot around here. Does it compare to the Younger years, I don't know, I wasn't a member then.

We did recently hear about the Pottawatomie, & Perkins Island pieces. Maybe we will get a real clue about another one in the very near future.

For me, the anticipated second half releases are a bit exciting. Theres a NJ release in there. Will it be a LE laugh , a GLOW frown , or a LLOM frown . Or maybe something else (HB confused ).

Here's hoping for some news in the very near future. smile

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 05/20/08 03:53 PM

Those we also the day when Bill was at signing events a couple weekends each month, sometimes as many as five over the weekend. Unfortunately those days are past. I think there are some cool pieces yet to come this year. Will be great to see what comes down the pipe. I also think that not all the second half releases will be made public at the same time. Kind of rationing the news to last the whole year.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 05/20/08 04:12 PM

There have been some bits & pieces dropped along the way in the past 5 months that people have talked about and speculated on. I spent the weekend with Harry and didn't hear any probing questions that people use to ask Bill. I did say to Harry that it's been a long time between LEs for LI, and he said 'well you just got some little lights' with a chuckle.
I don't remember getting any more than a week or two heads up on the Forum or chat in the past unless you were involved researching the piece.

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 05/21/08 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
I think there are some cool pieces yet to come this year. Will be great to see what comes down the pipe. I also think that not all the second half releases will be made public at the same time. Kind of rationing the news to last the whole year.
Glad HL is not announcing all the pieces at once. Us Wackos and Loons would be going crazy for some info by October. eek

Re: Anyone heard any rumors? - 05/21/08 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rscroope:
I did say to Harry that it's been a long time between LEs for LI, and he said 'well you just got some little lights' with a chuckle.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that theirs a Huntington Harbor LE for 2009. Worked this year for the Pottawatomie LE. cool
© 2024 Collector Forums