LighthouseKeepers.com

2008 Collector Society pieces.

Posted By: Cyndi

2008 Collector Society pieces. - 01/06/08 10:43 PM

Anyone heard any rumors as to what we will be seeing as the Collector Society pieces for 2008?
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: 2008 Collector Society pieces. - 01/07/08 05:12 PM

Oooooohhhhh .... yes .... I'd love to hear about that too!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: 2008 Collector Society pieces. - 01/07/08 05:54 PM

I don't expect to hear what they are till around late March or early April. Last year we got the news on March 31st.

Whatever they are, they will probably be two more pieces of the 2008 Grand Tour.

I'm hoping for a Duluth Harbor Breakwater set. I hope it would include both South Inner & Outer Breakwaters as well as the North Breakwater. I know that's three pieces, but there all on the small size.

Another possibility would be a East & West Chop set.

I think we'll hear about the Regional pieces before we hear about the Society pieces.

But ain't it great, to speculate !!! cool
Posted By: Bob M

Re: 2008 Collector Society pieces. - 01/08/08 01:03 AM

I don't have the slightest idea about the 2008 CS pieces. After viewing the surprises in the first releases for 2008, I believe the 2008 CS HL's could be any lighthouse in America.

For our Asian/Chinese friends, this is the year of the rat. For our Harbour Lights friends, this will be the year of surprises.

Without any hints from Tony C, I guess we will have to just wait and see what comes out in a couple of months.

smile Bob smile

Re: 2008 Collector Society pieces. - 01/09/08 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:
Whatever they are, they will probably be two more pieces of the 2008 Grand Tour.

I'm hoping for a Duluth Harbor Breakwater set. I hope it would include both South Inner & Outer Breakwaters as well as the North Breakwater. I know that's three pieces, but there all on the small size.

Another possibility would be a East & West Chop set.
Since we now know there's already a MN & MA LLOM release this year it looks like it won't be either of these.
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: 2008 Collector Society pieces. - 01/09/08 12:50 AM

well there's a lighthouse shadow on Wisconsin. How about both the Port Washington lights as the Society piece? The pier light could be the freebie and the land light the exclusive? or maybe we'll have the full size Pottawatamie piece?

Mike

Re: 2008 Collector Society pieces. - 01/09/08 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cana Fan:
well there's a lighthouse shadow on Wisconsin. How about both the Port Washington lights as the Society piece? The pier light could be the freebie and the land light the exclusive? or maybe we'll have the full size Pottawatamie piece?

Mike
Chances are the WI piece is either the CF exclusive or the regular release of the Pottawatamie LLOM (non limited).
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: 2008 Collector Society pieces. - 01/09/08 03:50 PM

Yea, I forgot about the LLOM of Pottawatamie. Got myself all excited for nothing. frown
© 2024 Collector Forums