LighthouseKeepers.com

Little Lights Demise???

Posted By: Jim Chesher

Little Lights Demise??? - 10/17/03 01:30 AM

I was in Orlando this past weekend and was told by a HL dealer that the Little Ligts were going to stop being manufactured. I questioned her and she indicated she was sure. I think maybe the real point was that that particular store was going to stop selling them. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor? wink

Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Little Lights Demise??? - 10/17/03 01:37 AM

I would be sorry to see them go, but on the other hand, I would be happy to see the GLOWS go. I think that the LLOM series is fantastic for vacation gifts and for gifts to young children to get them interested in lighthouses. They are a perfect size for show and tell and also to fit into a kid's pocket.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Little Lights Demise??? - 10/17/03 01:56 AM

Now that I took the time to stop and look at the LLOM, they are really well done. Now that my 2003 limited edition committment is complete via my autoship, I decided to buy a few LLOM. I should have around 20 of them by the end of the month.

I doubt like heck that HL would discontinue this line.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Little Lights Demise??? - 10/17/03 02:02 AM

I would be very disappointed if HL discontinued this line. I also believe that they are really well done and I enjoy having quite a few (60+), including every New York and New England light they made. Just to let you know I also have all the LE's, Ornaments and the GLOW's of New England.

Bert smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Little Lights Demise??? - 10/17/03 03:03 AM

I love the "Little Lights". I have about 50 of them on two small shelves and they look great. It gave me a chance to collect a lot of my favorite lighthouses that I would not have bought the LE's because of space to display them. So now I have all of my favorite lights.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Little Lights Demise??? - 10/17/03 03:03 AM

There is NO WAY that LLOM would be dropped after this much time and money invested to getting them up and running.

This is either misinformation that your dealer has heard from a source other than HL OR they are dropping them and want to make it appear like it's not THEM dropping them, but HL dropping the line.

Anyone sees Nancy at Hereford Saturday or Sunday is free to ask her.
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Little Lights Demise??? - 10/17/03 01:35 PM

But ya gotta admit...

That's a JUICY tidbit for the rumor mill.
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: Little Lights Demise??? - 10/26/03 05:30 PM

Asked Kim at Jacksonville and she indicated definately not. They have done very well with the LLOM. She did indicate that the profit margin was not near a good for the dealer on the LLOM and that may be why they were dropping the line. wink

© 2024 Collector Forums