LighthouseKeepers.com

Connected Collector Badge Thank You

Posted By: Dave H

Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/05/01 04:16 AM

I wanted to share the following letter I received today from Guy Towers, President of the St. George Reef Lighthouse Preservation Society:

"I am writing on behalf of the Board of Directors of the St. George Reef Lighthouse Preservation Society to offer our heartfelt thanks to you and the Harbour Lights Collectors for the $620 donation. Your support allowed us to install a secure roof on the lighthouse only days before the winter storms began and it has been raining ever since. In addition to the roof, we also made good progress on the giant cleanup effort on the inside of the tower and hosted a filming crew from the "Hisotry Channel" who are doing a documentary on the restoration of U.S. lighthouses. It may be released in six months and should give the restoration of St. George nation wide coverage.

Many, many thanks; Harbour Lights collectors have made a real difference in the restoration of St. George and helped guarantee its future."

Guy also included a photocopy of pictures of the completed lantern (it looks really great) and the temporary roof being put on the light. I have sent guy a note to see if we can get a copy of those pictures to post here. In the meantime, here is a little info on the light and the SGRLPS .

Thanks to each of you who supported this effort and helped make possible this contribution.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 12-04-2001).]
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/05/01 06:06 AM

It sure does make a person feel good to be a part of this type of preservation. I would like to also thank you Dave for all the work you and others did to make our badges so special. We can all feel pretty proud that our small contributions together made it possible to get this roof put on before winter. While I'm here feeling so proud ...I also want to say how glad and proud I am that I have found so many good and caring people such as these here on the Forums. Happines is being a WACKO!

Ruthie
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/05/01 04:20 PM

Big Dave, you were the big part of this project and I will thank you again for it! It's great to be able to help this light and still have a very nice badge to keep for memories from the reunion! Hopefully this will still be done for future events!
Posted By: Digger

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/05/01 07:15 PM

Good job Dave!! Good job everyone!!! Good money raised for a very worthwhile cause!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/05/01 07:18 PM

Great job, Dave...!!
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/05/01 10:12 PM

Brovo Zulu from the Southern GOAT LOCKER
CHIEF senior type one each.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/05/01 10:30 PM

Congrats Dave, I didn't take advantage of this opportunity and I've been regretting it since!
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/06/01 04:29 AM

Dave, a big part of the congrats goes to you for getting the badges started and all the hard work you put into it! Thanks Again!
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/06/01 05:06 AM

Thanks for passing this info along Dave and also for your work in organizing and completing this effort. MJ and I still have our badges as part of the memories from the Reunion.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/06/01 06:55 AM

Thanks Dave. I look at it as a double bonus. We were able to help the lighthouse but I really liked being able to recognize people with their badges on at the reunion.

When my husband and I were touring the submarine in the Baltimore harbor, we had on our badges and a lady came up to us and said she was from our home town in Utah. She had noticed our badges we were wearing. She was with the Utah air national guard and was on her way to Afghanistan as part of the air re-fueling team.
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/07/01 04:30 AM

Dave,

A big thank you goes to you for doing the badges for all of us in the first place. We have ours hanging on the edge of a curio cabinet as a reminder of the great time we had in Baltimore.

It looks like the money got to them in the nick of time. When we have another reunion I don't think you will find it hard (if you have the time to do them) to get people on board for this type of fund raising.

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/07/01 04:32 AM

Our badges are in a curio on one shelf with all of the memories of that special time. They were great Dave and I'm really happy they helped out St. George Reef since it's so close to me.

Your efforts are highly commended and are in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Navy. Well done Senior Chief!

Oh, that was a different lifetime, wasn't it. Well done anyway Dave.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: JoanieO

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/07/01 06:00 AM

Dave, I am so glad you made those badges and I am so happy that I ordered them for my husband and myself. They really made me feel "connected" to all the other collectors I met at the reunion. Especially since it was our first reunion and we really didn't know anyone except by their user name.
It is nice to know that the money you raised went for a good cause.
JoanieO
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Connected Collector Badge Thank You - 12/07/01 03:44 PM

Kudos Dave! All the credit goes to you. It was easy for me to send a check, you did all the work. Great idea, makes an extra memory from the Reunion and helps a good cause.

Way to Go

Mike
© 2024 Collector Forums