LighthouseKeepers.com

Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees?

Posted By: Bob M

Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/20/01 12:21 PM

I'm curious to know how many people will be attending the reunion. Does anyone have an educated guess?

Bob
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/21/01 05:07 AM

Well Bob, there's me and about a thousand of my friends.

Rich

------------------

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/21/01 12:09 PM

Can we put the first round of drinks on your tab, Rich?

Bob
Posted By: Buz Dean

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/21/01 01:00 PM

I'll have a double!

------------------
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/21/01 09:24 PM

I would say 2 less than yesterday Bob. Jackie and I will not be attending the reunion unless a miracle takes place. When the WTC Twin Towers collapsed, 10 television and 4 radio stations went off the air. A team of 4 broadcast engineers (including myself) will be headed for NYC this Sunday to lend a hand in getting many of these stations back on the air temporarily. A part of me wishes I could attend the reunion, but I welcome the chance to do what I can to help rebuild. I'll have my laptop with me to keep up with what is going on. Take care and have some fun for me!

Tim - Proud to be an American!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/21/01 10:08 PM

Tim, what a great thing you and your company are doing for NY. We will miss you and Jackie at the reunion. Who knows, maybe the work will go fast and you can make it after all. If not our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.

Ruthie

[This message has been edited by MrsTLC (edited 09-21-2001).]
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/22/01 02:31 AM

Hi Tim,
Sorry to not be able to meet you and Jackie at the reunion. I have been on a cruise for the past 2 weeks that started in New York. Our ship went out of port in mid-town Manhattan. I have some really great pictures taken as we sailed out of NY by the Statue of Liberty and the WTC. It is all so un-real to see the devastation that changed the New York skyline only 4 days after we left port.
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/22/01 02:44 AM

I'm so sorry Tim that you and Jackie will not be at Baltimore, but you and your station ate doing a wonderful thing. God Bless You...

Barb
Posted By: Nana

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 09/22/01 04:03 AM

Tim and Jackie, our paths will surely cross on some other day and please know two things: we will miss you in Baltimore, but thousands will benefit from your work with the downed stations and will be so grateful.

Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 09-21-2001).]
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 10/02/01 05:19 AM

I heard through the"vine" from the hotel.....about 800.

Re: Does anyone know the final count on reunion attendees? - 10/02/01 12:06 PM

Well, Pam, maybe your source may be close to correct. I guess we won't be the only ones at the hotel filling their 750 rooms.

If I had to estimate how many people would be attending, I would have said more than 900 but less than 1000.

Time will tell...and that will be answered in just a couple of days.

Bob
© 2024 Collector Forums