LighthouseKeepers.com

Did you purchase the Interactive CD?

Posted By: Webmaster

Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 10/23/01 04:23 AM

Did you purchase the "Interactive Guide to United States Lighthouses" while at the Reunion.

I checked it for Fort Gratiot and found it missing. Checked the listing for Lightship HURON and they said the interior was closed. But it is frequently open.

I sent an email to the publisher through the CDROM email address and got a response today:

Quote:
Thank you for the input. I will update the product immediately. I am in the process of a 100% personal re-edit and am cleaning up a number of errors. I spent the weekend on the Great Lakes lights and noticed Fort Gratiot as well.

You will receive a free replacement CD in the mail as soon as I am done. One more week of review, two weeks production. Make sure I have your address. Keep the case, but I may ask you to send in the old disk first as I want them all destroyed.

Al Seidel
Owner/Producer
Lighthouse Project
252-331-2846

I told him I would communicate this to collectors who were at the reunion - his email address is: SeidelAW@aol.com
Posted By: Jo Ann/Texas

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 10/23/01 06:47 AM

I did buy a cd. I thought some of the pictures were taken to far from the lighthouse to really show it off. It is a nice reference cd. Thanks for finding the mistake. I will make note of it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 10/23/01 08:53 PM

I also bought it and just briefly looked at it and found a few mistakes right away, I'll go back and make notes so they can be fixed too

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 10/23/01 10:50 PM

1, when you open the Indiana East breakwater light it incorrectly shows the old light as being the current light and the current light as being the old light
2, under Wisconsin, Green Bay it has
Fond Du Lac Light listed, but the picture is of Milwaukee pier light (you can see the other Milwaukee light in the picture)
3, Turtle rock Lighthouse (Philadelphia, PA.) is not listed under PA. lights. Of course I just found about it 3 weeks ago myself.
4, Stonington Harbor, CT. is missing

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 10/23/01 11:47 PM

Be sure to communicate these errors to the company - see email link above.
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 10/24/01 04:14 AM

The CD is really great, glad to see that they are updating it. If you don't have it I recommend that you pick one up, it is awesome!
Posted By: mombo

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 10/24/01 05:00 AM

Turtle Rock Mark? You really were expecting that one, lol? It really can't be more than a private aid? Did you get the lights on Lake Champlain, or Oneida Lake? Betcha not.

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 10/24/01 10:48 PM

Turtle Rock - Private Aid?? I don't know. It was built in 1887, did they build stuff just for vanity in 1887??

After about 13 searches I found 1 story from lighthouse digest
http://www.lhdigest.com/Digest/StoryPage.cfm?StoryKey=175
Posted By: smcclure

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 01/23/02 06:18 AM

I purchased this Interactive Guide at the Reunion and replied to the publisher, asking that I be included in any update of the CD-ROM when available. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the update, received it, or has any information about when it is expected? -Scott

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 01/24/02 04:22 AM

I bought it, too and submitted for the update and have not received anything yet
Posted By: Al Seidel

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 01/29/02 04:31 PM

Hello. I'm finally ready. Reunion customers may get a replacement upgrade of the interactive CD by sending all or part of the old CD to me with $5.00 shipping and handling. Keep the case for your new one. I need the old one or part of it back because I want to get rid of all copies of the original. The new version has expanded features, improved coverage and better accuracy. It sells for $29.95 plus S&H so you will still be way ahead. Thanks for your patience. Please keep your comments coming, they get incorporated with credit in each succesive version. If you provide me a photograph which I use, you'll get the next version free.
Al Seidel
503 Whitehall Rd.
Camden, NC

[This message has been edited by JimJohnson (edited 01-29-2002).]
Posted By: Al Seidel

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 01/29/02 10:15 PM

By the way, Turtle Rock is in the CD thanks to Mark Wagner who appears above. I had a picture but no description. I ended up using his photo and the link he provided. Wuz a big help. Mark if you read this, just send me the disk, I'll foot the rest.
Thanks again,
Al

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 01/30/02 01:25 AM

Thanks Al...

...for remembering us with the fair offer to replace our disks.

I know this had to be a massive undertaking and a few mistakes are par for the course.

Re: Did you purchase the Interactive CD? - 02/18/02 10:37 PM

I recd my replacement disk and it is well worth the price!!! If you did not pick one up at the reunion, I would suggest you get one, it has alot of info and it will continue to be updated!!!
© 2024 Collector Forums