LighthouseKeepers.com

2001 Collectors Family Reunion

Posted By: Webmaster

2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/19/00 12:53 AM

Kim Andrews of Harbour Lights asked me to post this:

Quote:
We are working on plans for a Collectors Family Reunion in 2001. We are in the second phase of considering locations and venues. We have not set a date yet as that will depend on the availability of rooms and venues in the yet-to-be-chosen location.

When we've chosen the location and set the date, we will communicate with our Collectors Society members through the 'Lighthouse Legacy' newsletter and our web site.

We'll do our best to give those who would like to attend as much advance notice as we can. When the announcement is made, it will include the method and date for registration as well.

I know many collectors are looking forward to attending our next reunion -- as are we!!

Keep the flame...

Kim
Posted By: LamarB

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/19/00 04:02 AM

YIPPEEEEEE! Thanks St. John and thanks especially to Kim.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/19/00 05:24 AM

Great News!! And when they announce the site as being in the Midwest it will be an even better day! Thanks John, Kim & HL.

Dave
Posted By: JJ

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/19/00 06:41 AM

Any Time, Anywhere, I'll be there. Since we are probably talking about a year and nine or ten months from now, it seems we have lots of time to plan our trips and makes our reservations. Thanks to Harbour Lights and Y&A for giving us the place to get together again.
Jim
Johnson
Posted By: rscroope

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/19/00 03:26 PM

Lamar and Jim my exact reaction!
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/19/00 07:05 PM

Couldn't agree more. Just hope it is easy to get to since we have to fly/drive no matter where it is. Denver just does not have lighthouses.
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/20/00 02:27 AM

What wonderful news!!

Hopefully, all of us who want to go will be able to...

Barb
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/20/00 03:53 AM

Thanks for the great news John and Kim. I'll be anxiously waiting for the final outcome.
Posted By: Hal Dean

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/20/00 08:00 AM

Wow that is great news to hear. I cant wait to hear the news of where it is going to be. It will be also great to get together with other collectors and friends as it was in Providence back in 1998.
Hal
Posted By: JoAnn

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/20/00 11:02 PM

From a woman of few words-ditto!ditto!ditto!
Posted By: Bob M

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/20/00 11:23 PM

Well that info answers the question of when the next reunion is. Now the big question is where. Then we can all get the "heebee-geebees" trying to figure out if we will be lucky enough to get a spot.

Bob
Posted By: RFoster

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/20/00 11:51 PM

Both MJ and I are excited to hear that it will be held in 2001 (that's not really that far away) and we look forward to having the opportunity to see our extended family of Harbour Lights collectors and lighthouse enthusiasts. GREAT NEWS!!

Ron (CT Keeper)
Posted By: jakescol

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/21/00 04:43 AM

It is very helpful just to know that the year is 2001. We can go on about our plans for the rest of 2000. We are still saving room for REGIONAL EVENTS if and when they occur.

Jake
Posted By: Polly

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/21/00 06:14 AM

I'm glad we'll have the time to plan ahead for work & family.

If it's in the San Francisco area I'll move the kids out & offer their rooms to guests. (Is that a bribe???)
Posted By: jakescol

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/22/00 05:43 PM

I'm from Michigan and would love to have the reunion here, However if it was in San Francisco, and if it included a cruise of all the lights in the bay and a stop at Alcatraz, that would be fantastic.
Jake Toering

------------------

[This message has been edited by jakescol (edited 01-22-2000).]
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/22/00 11:49 PM

Thanks for the news John and Kim.
California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CALIFORNIA
Dale
Posted By: Hal Dean

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/23/00 06:41 AM

Think
B
A
L
T
I
M
O
R
E

Hal
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/23/00 07:57 PM

A
N
Y
P
L
A
C
E
!
Just let me be there!

Rich

------------------
Posted By: Nana

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/24/00 01:35 AM

I third what Rich said.....

Nice to be able to save for the event with it being in 2001.
Derith
Posted By: Jim Johnston

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 01/27/00 03:51 AM

A GREAT place to have the 2001 reunion.
THE GREAT LAKES AREA.
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 02/15/00 04:08 AM

Great Lakes!! I second that Jim!!
On the other hand, where ever it happens to be, it will be just fine with me. I just wanna be there!!
Pam
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 02/19/00 10:01 PM

G R E A T L A K E S F O R 2001 !!!
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 02/20/00 01:28 AM

We did the West Coast.
We've done the East Coast

Now...

GL2K+1

Think Door County
..... Traverse City
..... Lake Huron
..... Lake Ontario
..... Lake Michigan
..... Lake Erie
..... Lake Superior

It'll be a blast!

Rgds,
__
/im
Posted By: vsnlex

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 02/20/00 01:34 AM

Not sure on which comes first ...the chicken (location) or the egg(dates)...

Not only where to have the 2001 is important but I would like to block out the date(s) on the long range planner...

(I am still in favor ot GREAT LAKES)

I vote "early" summer (as in early June).

What have the dates been for the past reunions? How many reunions have there been to date and where were they located and WHAT GREAT LIGHTHOUSES were the special reunion pieces?

Terry
Posted By: Kat

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 02/20/00 04:12 AM

Can't wait until HL sets a date and location the suspense is killing me....but you know what they say "CURIOSITY KILLED THE KAT ....BUT SATIFACTION BROUGHT HER BACK" .
I hope it is in the Great Lakes area also but I wouldn't mind if it was down in Florida or possibly around the Chesapeake...or hay even Hawaii...they have several lights in Hawaii. Larry and I are planning our 25th wedding anniversary get-away and Hawaii's got some lights to see.
Anyway....see y'all at the next reunion...it will be a BLAST!!!

Kat
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: 2001 Collectors Family Reunion - 02/20/00 07:54 PM

There have been two reunions thus far.

The 1st Reunion (you never forget your first) was held in San Diego in late Summer of 1997. This was a smaller, more intimate gathering that ran from Friday through Sunday morning. We visited Old Point Loma and had special access to the normally closed grounds of New Point Loma lighthouse. The reunion model was New Point Loma (HL#604).

The 2nd Reunion was held in Providence Rhode Island in September 1998. This was a two day non-intimate non-stop affair hi-lighted by boat and bus tours to see many different lights.

The second reunion model was Rose Island. A slightly different version of Rose Island was made available to attendees (HL#614, aka REXA) than the version sold to Society members (HL#616, aka REXM). Attendance was not required to purchase the Society release.

Attendees at each reunion also received a miniature version of the reunion model - these were exclusive to attendees. Both minis are *very* nicely done and the NPL mini (HL#605) is one of the rarest of all HL models. The Rose Island mini is HL#615.

Preference of the spouse and I are September/October with kids in school and Fall colors out.

Rgds,
__
/im
© 2024 Collector Forums