LighthouseKeepers.com

Good Bye to this Forum

Posted By: Webmaster

Good Bye to this Forum - 07/13/02 09:23 PM

No posts in several months - and a reunion that seems ages ago.

Guess we'll put this one in the mothballs - maybe to bring it up again next October.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/09/02 02:04 AM

Yes John, but we neeed a "Next Reunion" topic!
Bob
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/09/02 03:45 AM

I only wish this topic could be replaced with an announcement of a new reunion....

smile Bob smile
Posted By: lhlover

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/25/02 11:23 PM

Well. . . I got an email from Harbour Lights about the next Reunion, but I've been sworn to secrectcy. If I told you, I'd have to kill you! :p I know something you don't! laugh
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/26/02 12:29 AM

First of all, Merry CHristmas BonnieJean. Secondly, if you've been sworn to secrecy then so be it. I hope it doesn't take too long for us to find out.

Bert smile
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/26/02 12:35 AM

Since you've been sworn to "secrectcy", then I guess you could tell us...
Posted By: lhlover

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/26/02 05:04 AM

Sorry about the spelling, I'm trying to type fast on my brother-in-laws computer without taking up his computer and spend time with my husband and family.

I'll give you a hint. . . I'LL SEE YOU SOON!!! :p
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/31/02 03:21 PM

Sounds like Florida?
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/31/02 03:44 PM

Now the question becomes...where in Florida? Sarasota? Miami? St. Augustine?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 12/31/02 05:53 PM

Disneyworld?....... picture this, you get on a small boat with 49 other people (on a boat made for 30) your adventure begins...... around the first turn as you leave the harbor you pass the 3 Duluth lights and then past Wisconsin point and on past all the Superior lights until you pass thru a dark cave and when you exit the tunnel your heading down the Hudson River past all the lights as you exit New York harbor there is a bright flash and shazamm your cruising past Florida lights, an alligator approaches the boat and the passengers recoil in horror as the water line on the boat is only 6" below the railing as you've overloaded the boat by 20 people, but no fear it is animatronic. you continue west along the gulf coast as a storm is building all the while seeing each and every lighthouse but now the storm is getting worse your captain (Bill, Nancy, Harry, Kim or Esther now that she has her captains license) announces over the P.A. that you must seek safe harbor as the storm is now a class 11 hurricane, winds whip up rain begins soon it turns to a wall of water, the tiny ship is tossed, but as quickly as it starts it's over. As the skies clear Point Loma appears on the horizon. Your trip continues north towards Alaska, once in Alaska after seeing the all the lights your boat heads for a river, you enter the lock & dam as you exit the lock you find your self in Duluth harbor and a sign directing you to exit the boat, and it was all under 5 minutes and you saw over 350 lighthouses. Was it real? only Walt knows.

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/01/03 01:38 AM

The Great Lakes area would be my first choice, but having a reunion in Florida would be be just fine too. The important thing is just to have another reunion, ...soon I hope!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/01/03 03:51 AM

A reunion in Florida would be great, say around the middle to end of May. Great Lakes, I'd wait for a warmer weather say July or August.

Bert smile
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/01/03 04:07 AM

Well at least maybe I'll finally get to drive to a Reunion, if it's not in South Florida and if I make it through registration!

confused
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/01/03 04:11 AM

p.s. Perhaps this rumor was better off in a different thread. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I looked to see why this thread has kept growing.

imho
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/03/03 01:47 PM

Since we're sworn to "secrectcy" on when/where the reunion will be, can you divulge when the "secrectcy" will be lifted? laugh
Posted By: Linda Ann

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/03/03 08:18 PM

Mark - what was or will be the name of that ride at Disney? wink Sounds like a great idea!!
Posted By: Ed14

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/03/03 08:46 PM

Maybe "Mr. Bill's Wild Ride"?

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/04/03 03:41 PM

If the next reunion is scheduled for Florida, lets all hope it isn't anywhere near Disney. I have no desire to fight crowds for everything we do.

I would still like to see the next reunion in the Great Lakes region.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Good Bye to this Forum - 01/04/03 03:54 PM

Disney cruise?
© 2024 Collector Forums