LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouse of the Day - Trial

Posted By: Webmaster

Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/01/01 09:06 PM

Thanks to Derith for this basic idea.

This is a test. This is ONLY a test. Check it out over the next 4 days and we'll see if it successfully changes lighthouses:

www.HarbourLights.com/lighthouses/Today/
Posted By: Nana

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/02/01 02:47 AM

Thanks John for putting such a great presentation to a basic idea. This looks great. I enjoyed all the links as well as Tim's photograph.

I am sure that others who have seen this lighthouse will enjoy reliving their trip and those who aren't familiar will learn about many more lighthouses.

Derith
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/02/01 06:17 AM

John,
I like this idea and agree with Derith that it will help to expand all of our knowledge about each featured light.

Dave
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/02/01 03:45 PM

Love It!
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/02/01 08:26 PM

Nice John, VERY nice. I like it!
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/02/01 08:48 PM

GREAT ! This is a keeper of an idea!!
Pharologst
Keep The Flame !

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 02-02-2001).]
Posted By: Jim Johnston

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/02/01 10:48 PM

John, Stay with it. I would also like to participate.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/02/01 11:00 PM

Hey John, ...This is a great idea! Keep those pictures coming! If you need any photos from this end of the Eastern Seaboard, let me know.

Bob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/03/01 02:36 AM

I like it!
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/03/01 05:11 AM

I like it too! Great idea!
Barb

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/03/01 05:26 AM

Quote:
John, Stay with it. I would also like to participate.

Gee, JJ I WONDER which lighthouse you want to have featured? Hmmmm?

Yep, the photos will be coming from fellow forumites and photographers featured in the Galleries.

If you'd like to see a lighthouse featured and know a special day WHEN it should be featured, email me. [email]webmaster@harbourlights.com?Subject=LighthouseDay[/email]

For example, since Bill Y is going to be at St. Augustine on March 17, that would be a good day to feature St. Augustine.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 02-02-2001).]
Posted By: Art

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/05/01 04:23 PM

Today's deal: Race Rock Light, photo by rscroope. Nice work, Bob.

Pity that there are no links to a Harbour Lights model of this one (yet).

------------------
-Art
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/05/01 07:53 PM

RACE ROCK, RACE ROCK, RACE ROCK....keep saying this and just maybe it will become a reality! This light is a top priority on my wish list.

Bob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/05/01 09:56 PM

aaaahhh! Race Rock,yes.

terry-221b baker st.
Posted By: Brent

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/06/01 03:39 AM

'Neat idea John & Derith.....I enjoy it as well! Keep'em com'in.......

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/06/01 08:58 AM

I just love today's shot of Saginaw River Rear Range Light by Todd Shorkey, and I predict that tomorrow's image by Ron Foster is going to be a knockout, too!
Unless some smart*%@# saint goes and changes it on me!
------------------
-Art
[This message has been edited by Art (edited 02-06-2001).]
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/07/01 03:16 AM

Great Idea . Keep it going .

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/07/01 08:45 AM

I was right! :-) Great photo, Ron.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/07/01 02:04 PM

Great idea. just one question- if you continue this feature will we be able to go back to earlier photos?

That would be a nice touch. I don't know the mechanic involved, but if it was possible it might be a nice addition to the feature.

Dennis
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/07/01 07:35 PM

A beautiful picture of the nubble.the one I really love is the #2 with the snow.I have been visiting the nubble webcam this winter and it is great after a snow storm and at night with the lights on.Bill O'Brien oseabee

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/07/01 07:58 PM

What's the link to the Nubble Webcam?
Posted By: Nana

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/08/01 12:10 AM

Perhaps one day I will get to see Nubble for real. In the meantime, thanks John for giving us such a wide variety of links to view it.

I really do like this feature. Can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings....any guesses?

We are only doing lights that HL has done a sculpture of, right?

Derith

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/08/01 01:00 AM

Derith - you're not checking in each day!

Last two days featured lighthouses that Harbour Lights has NOT yet done.

So far this changing to a different page each day does NOT happen automatically -- although it is supposed to. I have enough pages set up to go through Feb 10. If I can make it work automatically, I'll continue on past then. Otherwise, I'll put a halt to it until I can make it work.

John
Posted By: mombo

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/08/01 01:14 AM

Very nice John. Thank you also to everyone who has contributed their most excellent photos!
Posted By: GerryBu

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/11/01 08:35 PM

Thanks John & Derith. Great Photos & a Great idea. Gerry
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/13/01 04:55 AM

John,
What happened to the Lighthouse of the Day? It got rave reviews and now all of a sudden it's gone. I hope it will make a return. Or was this just a test to see if we noticed that it was gone?

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/13/01 05:04 AM

Quote:
So far this changing to a different page each day does NOT happen automatically -- although it is supposed to. I have enough pages set up to go through Feb 10. If I can make it work automatically, I'll continue on past then. Otherwise, I'll put a halt to it until I can make it work.

Working on making it work automatically. I can't sign on each midnight and roll the photo over as I have for the past 10 days.

It will return - hopefully by the end of the month. Glad everyone liked it so much.

0 :>)
Posted By: Jim Johnston

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/13/01 06:45 PM

We'll be waiting !

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/14/01 12:50 AM

On sunday from 9-10 Pm ihad much trouble trying to get on the forums.three or four website not responding,errors afew blank windows and when I did get in the active topics were listed as 28 well at 14 they stopped the scroll hit bottom none of the other stuff under it.on the third & fourth try I started getting on the far right a 2"font message.Monday every thing worked fine and also thi morning.Tonite the light of the day comes up on topics,when I click on it the upper part of the page comes up but where the postings should be is blank.
Bill O'Brien oseabee

Re: Lighthouse of the Day - Trial - 02/14/01 01:33 AM

just checked in again after talking to the aol people seems I've been getting cut off in the middle of doing something lately.I just upgraded to 6.0 and the person I talked to asked some questions and had me make some modem adjustments.I came back on and light of the day works fine now.Bill O'Brien oseabee
© 2024 Collector Forums