LighthouseKeepers.com

Virus Hits Harbour Lights Home Office

Posted By: WackoPaul

Virus Hits Harbour Lights Home Office - 02/10/04 05:19 PM

I talked to Bill this morning to see how it is going at Harbour Lights Home Office in their recovery attempts.. He said the computer people are working very hard and a lot of long hours to get them back up and running..

I discovered that they had a problem yesterday when a couple of emails I sent them didn't get through so I called them and discovered that they were hit by a virus in their computer system. It shut them down completely!

Bill said that he is the only one in the office not affected by the problem since he does use a computer.. to which I reminded him that it is affecting him by costing him money..

Let's all say a little prayer that they get the problem fixed and they are up and running again soon..
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Virus Hits Harbour Lights Home Office - 02/10/04 06:37 PM

While not infected, I am affected if you sent email to my webmaster@harbourlights.com address over the weekend or since, I have not received it.

Re: Virus Hits Harbour Lights Home Office - 02/11/04 05:00 PM

Since I've begun to receive emails addressed to webmaster@harbourlights.com again, I think the problems have been resolved -- but HL isn't open at this hour yet so I can't confirm it. Will check it later with the home office in El Cajon.

Re: Virus Hits Harbour Lights Home Office - 02/11/04 07:08 PM

Looks like the mail server only is working at this time. The main computer is still down.
© 2024 Collector Forums