LighthouseKeepers.com

I finally did it!

Posted By: QC

I finally did it! - 01/20/00 06:02 PM

Well yesterday I finally put my first bid in on ebay, a dutch auction for Navesink, and won. Don’t know if it was a great deal, but pretty good at $140. Now wish me luck in closing the deal, but I did it and it is pretty exciting isn’t it!
Take care,

George
Posted By: Joanne

Re: I finally did it! - 01/20/00 08:14 PM

Hi George,

Congratulations on winning your first ebay auction. I think I know which seller you bought from and I have eight pieces that I bought from them. The transactions have always been great and they're very good fast on delivery. They do require a signature for receipt of delivery so have it sent where someone can sign for it.

Joanne
Posted By: MONTY

Re: I finally did it! - 01/20/00 08:20 PM

Way to go George, I felt the same way when I won my first bid on EBay. Chances are it wont be your last.

Monty
Posted By: Bob M

Re: I finally did it! - 01/20/00 11:19 PM

Hey George, ... $140 for Navesink is a good price. There are a lot of people out there that paid substantially more for that very special edition.

Bob
Posted By: Hal Dean

Re: I finally did it! - 01/21/00 02:37 AM

WTG George. That was a great price and it makes you enjoy it that much more.
Hal
Posted By: KT

Re: I finally did it! - 01/21/00 03:13 AM

Watch out - it's addicting!

------------------
Ken T
Posted By: DeDo

Re: I finally did it! - 01/21/00 04:18 AM

Hi George,
It is exciting when you bid and win the first time on e-bay and a little scary too. But after you've sent that money order and finally receive your HL you'll breathe a sigh of relief and want to do it again.
I still prefer the marketplace forum, one e-mail and you know whether you've got the HL or not. Plus I'm more comfortable with our smaller group. But I'll buy anywhere I get a good deal.

Donna
PS I got my Navesink thru E-bay too, also a great deal, only way I could afford it!!
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: I finally did it! - 01/21/00 11:19 PM

Hi George

I would have to echo KT's warning. It is addicting and if your not careful you will soon find your mailing several casshiers checks and wondering how you'll pay off that credit card!

Great buy on Navesink. I don't have one yet but I'm focusing mostly on west coast right now until I can win the lottery or something . Good luck!
Dale
Posted By: youngone

Re: I finally did it! - 01/26/00 05:43 AM

That is a great price on Navesink, and don't worry about the deal. I have purchased half my collection from E-Bay and the people there are great, at least the ones I have dealt with. You'll find that if you are considerate of others they will be more that considerate to you in return. I have found in dealing on E-Bay people respect the quickness in which you make payment. I have always tried to get payment out within two days of closing and they in return, have shipped within two days of receivng payment. Secondly, try to charge the item or send a MO when ever possible. The people seem to appreciate this. Anyway, I hope it goes well for you.
Posted By: chris g

Re: I finally did it! - 01/27/00 09:11 AM

I have only bought 1 piece on E-bay. I had been trying to purchase a Middle Bay for several months and always got "sniped" at the auction close. I was patient and I was finally able to get one last October for $80 (a great deal). I purchased it from a GREAT guy in Alaska and actually receieved several nice e-mails from him. Not only did I get a great LH at a great price, I met a fellow LH collector too. I will return to e-bay if I ever have trouble finding a piece that I want. It was a positive experience! Glad to hear that yours was too (especially the price!).

Re: I finally did it! - 01/27/00 03:58 PM

Well I haven't got Navesink yet. The seller said the latest I should get it would be today, but that was not considering the recent snow we had. I'll keep you all posted when it comes in. Thanks for the encouragement.

George
Posted By: JohnL

Re: I finally did it! - 01/27/00 04:04 PM

Good job! I saw Navesink for half price in the local Hallmark. Was tempted to buy it, but since I have yet to see it in person, I will wait.

John

Re: I finally did it! - 01/28/00 04:25 PM

I got! It came in mint condition, and I am excited about the whole thing all over again. Now to find a place for it. I want to go bid on another one now. I wonder if Andrea will let me? Thanks for your help, guys.

George
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: I finally did it! - 01/28/00 09:07 PM

Hope you enjoy you Navesink QC, I also got my Navesink from the same person's earlier Ductch Auction. It took me about two days to decide it looked great on top of my Bookcase. So all my Lighthouse books went into the closet and Navesink took their spot!
© 2024 Collector Forums