LighthouseKeepers.com

dilemma

Posted By: vsnlex

dilemma - 05/09/00 03:25 PM

In addition to the 2 sided (Atlanta/Rosemont) HL Pirate doubloon coin given out...there was a large 2 sided (Atlanta ((only))imprinted on one side)gold foil covered chocolate coin. In addition to the HL collecting sickness that I curently am battling I have a strong need for chocolate in my life...... NOW I have several gold HL candy coins in the HL display cabinet but I know they will be a great temptation when candy supplies in the house are depleated and I might be having a candy attack....
I also will be looking to trade a few Atlanta candy coins for a few Rosemont candy coins.....that is ...if I have not eaten them by summer time....such a dilemma....
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: dilemma - 05/09/00 03:30 PM

You'll know it's time to toss the candy coins when a procession of ants has found their way from outdoors to your curio.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: dilemma - 05/09/00 08:33 PM

Beware! Chocolate gold coins melt very messy.
Posted By: Joanne

Re: dilemma - 05/09/00 09:12 PM

I think chocolate coins are better eaten than melted in the curio cabinet.

Joanne
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: dilemma - 05/09/00 11:27 PM

Terry send them to me for safe-keeping.Trust me. Just because I didn`t make it to Atlanta,don`t assume I`m doing this for personal gain.You might consider that chilled curio idea that I`ve had for a year.This and a padlock(trust your wife with the key)should do wonders in extending the life of your munchable treasures. Terry

[This message has been edited by TERRY BARFIELD (edited 05-09-2000).]
Posted By: Brent

Re: dilemma - 05/10/00 12:31 AM

Put the coins in the "Frig" for an hour or two....then take'em out and gently seperate the foil from the chocolate. Mount the foil on a piece of card-stock using some rubber glue and then you can put the coins back into the cabinet. If all goes as planned....you deserve to "chow-down" and have a ball with the chocolate.
P.S. Don't forget to clean (as best you can) the foil-backs prior to applying said glue )
Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 05-09-2000).]
Posted By: Dave H

Re: dilemma - 05/10/00 05:37 AM

Brent,
Good suggestion. I was thinking that I have never seen one of those chocolate coins that came out of its' wrapper without being destroyed.

Dave
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: dilemma - 05/10/00 08:18 AM

Yumm, yumm.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: dilemma - 05/10/00 05:48 PM

I guess you can always dip it in polyurethene.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: dilemma - 05/11/00 12:47 AM

Will this bring about "MIGF"?

(mint in gold foil)

I love chocolate....just eat it before it gets old. That way you'll get to enjoy it more!

Bob
Posted By: Kat

Re: dilemma - 05/11/00 04:44 AM

Place the coins in your freezer for about 3 or 4 hours then take them out gently remove the gold foil enjoy your chocolate and put the foil back together......believe me it works!!
A FELLOW CHOCO-HOLIC

Kat
© 2024 Collector Forums