LighthouseKeepers.com

Solar powered garden light house

Posted By: Stainz

Solar powered garden light house - 07/02/03 01:15 PM

I got the heads up on this from a G scale (garden railway) forum. Lowes has a $20 Malibu Solar Accent Lighting Model LZ308 that is a rather interesting looking lighthouse. It is about 4" across at the cupola and the base and about 14" tall. That top is a bit odd shaped as it has the solar panel atop it and the NiCd cells, yellow LED, and circuitry inside. The lighthouse lights up, once the protective strip is removed, in low light. It glows yellow instead of the white depicted on the box, the light appearing brightest from the 'lamp room', yet still illuminating the many windows in what appears to be a resin tower, obviously meant for outdoor use at a distance... without binoculars. It is bright enough in the dark that you won't trip over it. Yeah, cute, but no detail... but $20!

John
Posted By: ape

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/02/03 06:54 PM

Hey John,
Thanks for this info regarding the solar powered lighthouse. Have to check it out at our local Lowe's.

John & Mary laugh
Posted By: Ron

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/03/03 07:23 PM

Thanks John, I purchased one today and have it on the back deck charging.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/03/03 09:31 PM

Any chance of posting a picture of this lighthouse? We don't have a Lowes in my town but I could drive the 30 miles or so if it appeals to me. Thanks.
Posted By: Digger

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/03/03 09:39 PM

It is really very nicely done. Not one of those cheap looking garden ornaments we see everywhere. Got one for my birthday and it looks very cool by the pond. No wires, no transformer, chrages itself, comes on automatically and goes off in the morning. A real "no brainer", I like that!!!
Posted By: bonnebert

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/03/03 09:43 PM

Thanks, I'm gonna go to all my Lowe's til I find one to put by my pond. Sound real coooooooool!!!

Joyce
Posted By: Beaconfollower

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/03/03 11:51 PM

Mombo I got one at Chase Pitkin here in Clay was about $19.99 and is quite cute. My Mom got me a 5ft lighthouse for my birthday, so needless to say I am well supplied with my favorite hobby! laugh

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/05/03 02:22 AM

Thanks Sheryl. I sent I.O. out to get one today. It's been sitting on the deck all day so I'm just waiting for dark to see what it looks like. Whoever made these didn't put a door on them so I guess you'd have to crawl in through one of the windows! smile
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/05/03 03:23 AM

Hi Sue,

We picked one up at Lowe's this morning. Charged it all day and it lit up at dark tonight. Not bad!

Bert smile

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/05/03 04:21 AM

Yes it does work great! We sat out on the deck with it, also with a fan as it's so darn hot here. Then the fireworks down the river started at some house we can't see. They put on a pretty good show, started around nine and I think they're still going. And we have tons of fireflies but unfortunately mosquitoes too so I brought the lighthouse in and set it on the dining room table!
Posted By: JeffMarsh

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/11/03 08:48 AM

I couldn't find it on Lowe's website, could somebody post a picture. Thanks.

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/11/03 03:38 PM

Here it is Jeff.

http://www.intermatic.com/?action=prod&pid=8926
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/14/03 02:37 PM

Picked one up yesterday. Had to really look for it too. The bin it was supposed to be in was hidden by a misplaced "Solor Frog" in the wrong bin. We moved him a lo and behold, way in the back where I couldn't reach was my prize. With a little help from a young man with longer arms than I, the prize was in my grubby little hands. Looks good next to a large rock in the front yard smile .
Posted By: Mac

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/15/03 07:29 AM

I got my husband a solar lighthouse for Christmas. Bought it at a craft show, made of stone and wood. Stands about 2 feet tall. If I can ever figure out how to add pictures here,I add one of it.
Posted By: bonnebert

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/15/03 06:09 PM

Success, we found one, and placed it near our pond's waterfall. It really looks good there, and I think our fantails like it too!!

Joyce
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/16/03 02:36 AM

I finally got around to taking a few pictures of mine as set up near our water cascade that we have in the back yard.

The first picture is of the entire area:

The second is a close-up

Let's see some of your pictures of the setup you have for yours.

Bert
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/16/03 03:01 AM

Bert, the setup looks great! laugh
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/16/03 04:11 AM

Ah...hhhh!!

Now that I've seen it...I gotta have one...the lighthouse...and how I would love that beautiful garden water cascade.

I can almost hear it...Really nice!

Judy smile
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Solar powered garden light house - 07/16/03 04:18 AM

Beautiful garden Bert!
© 2024 Collector Forums