LighthouseKeepers.com

Made in Canada

Posted By: KT

Made in Canada - 06/23/02 05:57 PM

Can anyone point me to a good explanation of how many pieces of what lighthouse were manufactured in Canada?

------------------
Ken T
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Made in Canada - 06/23/02 06:10 PM

This page about lightning rod countries at HarbourLights.com should tell you what you want to know... the second link will give you a little more of the history ...
Posted By: smcclure

Re: Made in Canada - 06/28/02 11:52 PM

It looks as though there is a mistake on the "Countries" page about lightning rods on the Harbour Lights website. To my knowledge, there never was a lightning rod on SE Block Island, RI, HL128. If anybody knows differently, I would be interested in learning about it, and even more interested to see a picture of one with a rod. Scott.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Made in Canada - 07/08/02 04:17 AM

Hi Scott
There is at least one person that claims to have a Southeast Block with a lighting rod. In the past, many collectors have challenged this. No pictures have ever been posted on this forum or has any other source of information that I know of has shown any pictures of this. According to the Green book, no Southeast Block ever came with a lighting Rod, but a few came with a replacement hole. In my opinion, if it has a hole it has a lighting rod. A rod can be obtained from Harbour Lights and stuck into the hole.

It is sad how times have changed. When this was talked about several years ago. At least 10 collectors got involved in this discussion.

Daniel

[This message has been edited by Daniel (edited 07-07-2002).]
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Made in Canada - 07/08/02 04:32 AM

Harbour Lights told me that no Southeast Block Lighthouses were made with lightning rods and I have personally seen #4 and it didn't have a rod, so that is good enough for me...
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Made in Canada - 07/08/02 04:44 AM

Quote:
Can anyone point me to a good explanation of how many pieces of what lighthouse were manufactured in Canada?

Hi Ken
I recommend the "The Qenuine Greenbook Guide Devoted Exclusively to Harbour Lights" 1998/1999.
This book gives some ideas of how many Canadian were produced of each model. Remember; Nobody really knows how many. Not even Harbour Lights. If you have any one in mind. I could quote you the numbers.

[This message has been edited by Daniel (edited 07-08-2002).]
© 2024 Collector Forums