LighthouseKeepers.com

Duplicate # on the same HL?

Posted By: Bob M

Duplicate # on the same HL? - 05/12/02 01:30 PM

Has there ever been a duplicate edition number found on the same model of an HL? It could possibly happen in error, but what would be the chances of ever discovering the two identical edtion numbers.

Bob
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Duplicate # on the same HL? - 05/12/02 04:24 PM

I know of only one collector who has two lighthouses - same model, same edition number.
Posted By: Hal Dean

Re: Duplicate # on the same HL? - 05/12/02 05:46 PM

I guess it could happen if a dealer receives a lighthouse that is that is broken and they call Harbour Lights to replace it with the same number. I think Harbour Lights tells the dealer to destroy the broken piece. But the dealer could repair it and hopefully not try to resell it and use it only as a display piece. Not sure of how the dealer works it out with Harbour Lights.
Hal
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Duplicate # on the same HL? - 05/12/02 06:00 PM

The dealer sends the flag from the broken lighthouse to get a replacement now, but that wasn't always the case. They trusted their dealers were telling the truth that a lighthouse arrived broken and replaced it, usually just with another lighthouse with a different number but if it was a very low number they had on occasion replaced the lighthouse with the same numbered lighthouse. I believe that the actual times that this happened were very few over the years and that there were even much, much fewer times that a dealer tried to get two lighthouses with the same low number.

Having said all of that, of the few that might be out there with the same number it would be even rarer to be able find the pair of them with the same number.

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 05-12-2002).]
© 2024 Collector Forums