LighthouseKeepers.com

Big Bay

Posted By: WackoPaul

Big Bay - 11/12/99 07:03 AM

I had never seen two Big Bay lighthouses together until yesterday. I am going to borrow a micrometer from work because the tower size looks a little different. It could just be that my mind wants to see it.

In the top photos compare straight up from the chimney. I put the other one in the background of each so you could see them in the same shot and alignment.

In the bottom photos the base of the ventilator is different in the two and the roofs of the lanternrooms are a little different.

The paint jobs on the two are definitely different, especially the bricks. Both are in mint condition and the felt bottoms on both look brand new.

Which one does yours look like? "A" on the left or "B" on the right?

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 11-12-99).]
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Big Bay - 11/12/99 07:28 AM

Mine is "A"

While you can't see it in the photo, the gray door below the lantern room would open to view the snowman (if it weren't for the roof and chimney in the way.

Looks like an assembly problem like Gray's Harbor?

And Paul - how did you happen to see two Big Bay's side-by-side.
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: Big Bay - 11/12/99 02:39 PM

Mine is "A" also.
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Big Bay - 11/12/99 03:20 PM

Mine is an "A" (I think)

The ventilator ball on mine is shaped like an "A" also (kinda' pointed at the top), but the underside of the ball where the little "flange" is, is much more rigid or well defined looking just like the "B"....almost a combination look of the two balls. The color of the lantern room is closer to a "B" also, so I am really a little unsure. Alignment is definately the "A" though.
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Big Bay - 11/12/99 07:51 PM

My alignment is "A" but my lantern room looks just like "B". I would guess mine is more like Rod's lighthouse.
Posted By: Len Ariagno

Re: Big Bay - 11/12/99 07:56 PM

Mine is "A" as well.
Len
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Big Bay - 11/12/99 11:20 PM

I can't answer that question until I put up my Christmas display. Big Bay is packed away with the other Christmas HLs and Christmas decorations.

Bob
Posted By: Stan

Re: Big Bay - 11/12/99 11:52 PM

The tower alignment of my Big Bay is an "A", but the ventilator ball is very much a "B". Good eye, Paul!!
Posted By: Digger

Re: Big Bay - 11/13/99 12:51 AM

After close investigation of mine I come up with the following;

The base of the ventilator is definitely "B".
The alignment is close to "A" except it is rotated even more than the picture. When looking straight-on from the chimney, I cannot see the left window at all and the right window and complete door are clearly visible. Could this be a triple variation?
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Big Bay - 11/13/99 03:03 AM

Mine has the alignment "A" and vent ball "B" variation.

-Todd
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Big Bay - 11/13/99 03:22 AM

Mine is a "B."

Rich

------------------
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Big Bay - 11/13/99 04:30 AM

I have two BB's

I have one of each on the alignment types
and both vent balls are type "B"
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Big Bay - 11/14/99 04:47 AM

Mine is: alignment A, Vent bulb B
Posted By: cyberkeeper

Re: Big Bay - 11/14/99 05:16 AM

I just checked my piece the rib alignment is "A" straight with the chimney with a "B" ventilator ball on the top.
Posted By: HCarpenter

Re: Big Bay - 11/14/99 04:20 PM

Another "A" here.
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: Big Bay - 01/07/01 05:47 AM

Now that I have a Big Bay and after close inspection it appears that my alignment is "A" like but like Gravedigger mine is rotated enough so that I can see the right hand door also. The base of the ventilator is definately a "B".

Posted By: LamarB

Re: Big Bay - 01/11/01 04:03 AM

Another 'A' here, too.
© 2024 Collector Forums