LighthouseKeepers.com

About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide

Posted By: Catlite

About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/23/07 08:27 PM

You probably talked about this before and I missed it but why can't I find Christmas Lighthouses under the checklist even though they are under descriptions?????
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/23/07 08:38 PM

Oversight by the Editor. confused

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/23/07 09:34 PM

Thanks! At least it's not my mind I'm loosing this time :rolleyes:
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/24/07 02:32 AM

I noticed the absents of the Christmas Lighthouses in the checklist too. But the Collectors Guide is soo great, I didn't mind the oversight. Everyone involved did a great job putting the book together. I don't think I could have remember everything that was included.
Posted By: BeaconBob

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/24/07 06:00 AM

I noticed that as well. But everyone involved did a SUPERB job!
Posted By: Bob M

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/24/07 04:12 PM

I never noticed that omission. Not really a big thing when you consider the wonderful job that was done on the Collector's Guide. I have enjoyed, and continue to enjoy the CG. It has brought welcome relief in the form of an up-to-date reference guide for collecting Harbour Lights.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/24/07 05:51 PM

Does any one else have my problem with the book?

I would LOVE to use the check lists, but I don't want to write in the book.
:rolleyes:
So now I need to scan the lists and use them seperate from the book, 'cause it is way too nice to spoil ....
applaud
It sits on my desk and gets used every day!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/24/07 10:35 PM

Back in January when I finally got my copy, I mentioned the missing Christmas checklist in the original Official Collectors Guide tread.

John said there was going to be a few things that was going to need fixing or adding for the second edition.

My opinion of the book is EXCELLENT!!! Even with a few errors. I don't think a day has gone by since I got my copy that I haven't referenced something in the book. The book is priceless!!!
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/24/07 11:11 PM

Lighthouse Loon,

I wouldn't exactly say that the Guide is priceless. (The cost may go up.) Would "fantastic" be OK?

bobo
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/24/07 11:20 PM

Your right Bob! I think I was getting a little carried away with my excitement over the book. bash I've stopped doing cartwheels now. laugh
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/25/07 02:17 AM

Lighthouse Loon,

I don't blame you one little ole bit.

bobo

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 02/25/07 05:19 PM

I am learnig a lot from the guide and it's being incredibly helpful with inventory (something I haven't done since the Greenbook Guide came out). The link you gave for Seahorses in getting used a lot too. Thanks much! groupwave
Posted By: sandy

Re: About Harbour Lights Collectors Guide - 03/01/07 01:12 AM

Proofed Guide against my inventory and found the following errors:

Copy on Cape Lookout, NC indicates 5,656 pieces were produced--the number on my piece is 7902.

Mount Greylock is spelled Graylock throughout.

Watch Hill is in RI, not CT.

Search for anD and correct to and (I can't find page where it's misspelled and failed to flag it when I did notice it.)

I had numerous incorrect retirement dates in my inventory--incorrect when compared to what's shown in the Guide. Hope the Guide's dates are correct, 'cause I've changed all of mine already.

Other than the errors listed in the CF threads, the Guide is an excellent first printing that I hope won't be the last printing.

Good job to all who labored on it (BTW, I never did get a promised copy).
groupwave groupwave
© 2024 Collector Forums