LighthouseKeepers.com

Bill#1-10 Drawing

Posted By: kory63

Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/26/05 09:37 PM

Sis and I returned from Florida earlier this week but it wasn't until today that a neighbor brought over a box that had been delivered in my absence.
Lo and behold I discovered I was a winner of a #8 Roanoke River Society Exclusive!! laugh laugh
I had forgotten I'd even entered! I also can't remember the original rules. Were there any other lucky winners?? What did you win???
Doesn't quite make up for not winning a gold at St. Augustine but a nice surprise anyway.
Rick
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/27/05 01:03 AM

Rick,

Congratulations on your win. I'm sure that will become (or already is) one of your most prised possessions.

bobo
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/27/05 02:53 AM

What a nice surprise for you Rick cool It's always nice to win a lighthouse.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/27/05 04:19 AM

Wow, Rick! Congratulations! That's always a great thing to find when you get home. laugh

Has Bill always dipped into his stores for these contests? Or is this a recent advance? For sure, it gives any collector a very unique piece in their collection.
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/27/05 04:59 AM

Hi Rick,

Last year I won a #10 Ludington Pier, MI piece in one of Harbour Lights' contests. I can't even remember what the contest was, but I think it was for registering at the HL.com website. Congrats on the #8 Roanoke!

-Todd
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/27/05 01:21 PM

Rick
What contest was it that you won it from.
Was it one that you had to pay tickets for or was it an other drawing from the tickets we got from purchusing a lighthouse?
Either way that is an awesome gift.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/27/05 01:27 PM

Wow! What a great flag# to add to your collection! There aren't too many collectors out there that are fortunate enough to possess a single digit flag#. Congrats!!!!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Ron

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/27/05 04:48 PM

Way to go Rick. smile
Posted By: kory63

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/29/05 10:47 PM

Thanks for all the good wishes on my win!!
I believe this contest was based on purchasing a HL from Jan. 1 thru Feb. 28. I received a card to send in for a drawing after the 28th.
I'm not sure if there was only one winner or not.
It was still a great thrill to win such a low number! smile smile
Rick
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Bill#1-10 Drawing - 03/29/05 10:58 PM

Whatever the contest was, Rick, the result was great! Not too many one digit HL's out there, so you are in a very small minority to now have one in your collection! Congratulations.
© 2024 Collector Forums