LighthouseKeepers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten?

Posted By: Rock

Gone But Not Forgotten? - 04/14/01 12:10 AM

Since no one has mentioned it yet, Cape Henlopen, DE must not be retiring today...I'm assuming because it has not reached it's 8,000 edition limit yet?

IMO, a real beauty and one of the most underrated pieces from the year 2000.

[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 04-13-2001).]
Posted By: JCRice

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten? - 04/14/01 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rock:
...a real beauty and one of the most underrated pieces from the year 2000.

Rock, I happen to agree with you. Cape Henlopen was the first piece (so far ...) that I bought the very first time I saw it in the stores. I had no plans on making the purchase, but I couldn't help myself.

It's now one of my favorites.
--Jeff
Posted By: Rock

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten? - 04/16/01 02:58 PM

Thanks, Jeff...I hope HL adds another entry to this fun series soon!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten? - 04/16/01 07:18 PM

The word from Harbour Lights is that Cape Henlopen was retired on 4/13/01. The edition size will be around 6,500.

Since John is working very hard to change the entire website from one provider to another, I would imagine he will add that information to the Cape Henlopen page soon.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 04-16-2001).]
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten? - 04/17/01 05:53 AM

I bet we see another Gone But Not Forgotten entry this year. A rumor I heard was that it will be from the northeast. FWIW,

Dave
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten? - 04/17/01 11:39 AM

I hope you're right, Dave! We can always use another light from the northeast.

Bob
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten? - 04/17/01 05:47 PM

Cape Henlopen is a great edition to the HL collection.It would be very nice if more of these bits of history were brought out into the daylight so more people could learn more about them.I think HL could profit from bringing these to Light(no pun intended).Bill O'Brien oseabee.
Posted By: Iris1

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten? - 04/19/01 06:10 AM

This light is on my list of "Must Purchase Soon" ! To try to keep my HL spending down to a dull roar (I know, fat chance!!), I try to not buy a light unless I have visited is, plan to visit it VERY soon, or it is special as in a limited series ...then & now, gone but not forgotten, or a society piece, or .... you get the idea!

But "Henlopen" is special .. I mean I can't go visit it can I??? And it will disappear soon, now that it is retired ...and I don't want to buy it on the secondary market.

Iris
(Note to self ...collecting is a addicting!)
© 2024 Collector Forums