LighthouseKeepers.com

Bob & Tom on TV

Posted By: bright eyes

Bob & Tom on TV - 02/04/06 05:29 AM

www.bobandtom.com

Will appear on the ABC RODNEY television show Tuesday, February 7, 8:30 pm (ET)

Radio personalities from Indy, Indiana
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/04/06 04:55 PM

Mary, good call.... I Tivo Rodney regularly already

How many other Bob and Tom fans are out there? Please check in, I know Paul is (I asked, long ago)

I keep a list of all the affiliate stations in my truck so I can listen from where ever I am, I am hoping that one day they will have a channel on XM also.
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/05/06 10:05 PM

I must admit this is the last place I would expect to hear about Bob & Tom. They are a gas and I listen to them anytime I can. Unfortunately, I am on the edge of 2 stations reception so I don't get to hear them too often. Come on the rest of you fans, lets hear from you too! laugh
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 12:18 AM

To be totally honest, I don't have a clue as to who Tom & Bob are.

bobo
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Ott:
To be totally honest, I don't have a clue as to who Tom & Bob are.

bobo
Ditto that...looking at the affiliates list, Bob, it looks like we don't get it around here. There's an affiliate in Atlantic City, and a few upstate towns that we can't get, but nothing from NYC or anything else that comes to our area of NJ.

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 03:05 AM

Thanks Greg,

That makes me feel a whole lot better. I was beginning to think I had lost it. frown

bobo
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 03:12 AM

I have no idea who they are either. At first I thought it was an age thing but when Greg didn't know I sure felt a lot better. Are they something like Tom and Jerry?

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by flacoastie:
I have no idea who they are either. At first I thought it was an age thing but when Greg didn't know I sure felt a lot better. Are they something like Tom and Jerry?
Rich...trust me, I should NOT be your gauge on what is in and hip in the "young world." smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 04:27 AM

Bob & Tom are the morning show for WFBQ in Indy. Their show is nationally syndicated and pretty popular. They play 'classic' rock with a lot of humor/talk interspersed. Probably not a show that you would understand if you listened just once, but it is generally a very entertaining show.

Bob & Tom tend to polarize listeners - love or hate, not a lot of middle ground. They are very community minded and have been very generous to many charities and projects over the years. They have produced a large number of albums with their own work as well as that of show guests. The albums are generally underwritten by a local advertiser and the profits then go to a charity. They have been recognized for their charity efforts and also by some of the broadcast awards.

A lot of the content might not be suited for kids and can be a little rough. Those of us who are somewhat warped enjoy the show. I tend to believe that Mark and I fall into this classification.......
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 06:08 AM

Dave - That explains it all. If it ain't Country and Western it don't play on my radio.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 11:58 AM

They sound a little like "John Boy and Billy" from your description Dave.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 06:48 PM

You can count me in the warped group, Dave... When I produced the Ron Meyer show, when he was the Colts coach, I got to take a photographer and fly along with them and a plane full of listener/contest winners on a road trip to a Miami road game.. It was quite a blast!! The story turned out Great!!
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/06/06 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bright eyes:

Will appear on the ABC [b]RODNEY
television show Tuesday, February 7, 8:30 pm (ET)

Radio personalities from Indy, Indiana [/b]
Didn't Mary explain this very clearly in the first post? LOL

Not your east coast Imus or Stern!

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 02/07/06 01:35 AM

"Warped" - Thanks, Dave

But if Bob and Tom fans are warped, I am in good company.

And as a side note, Michelle and I and some other friends saw Rodney at the Holiday Star theater in NW Indiana back in early 03' - Great show!!

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/12/06 03:55 AM

Bob & Tom Comedy Tour

Saturday, September 16, 2006
9 pm (Eastern) 8 pm (Central)

Comedy Central Channel smile

www.bobandtom.com
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/12/06 03:04 PM

My husband listens all the time at work. I have heard them on several occasions. You definitely have to be a little warped to enjoy them. I thought they were hilarious! Guess that puts me into the "warped" category too. Definitely can't listen at home...does get quite racy at times...not stuff I want the grandsons hearing. I don't care for that type of music either but they are only on here for a few hrs. I'll have to let my hubby know that they are going to be on comedy central. laugh Thanks for the info-Bright eyes!!

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/13/06 03:46 AM

From Rich:

Quote:
If it ain't Country and Western it don't play on my radio.
When living in Texas -- Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, El Paso, and finally Dallas -- all I ever listened to was CW. Now here in New Jersey, I can't even find one CW station worth listening to. What a shame.

bobo
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/13/06 04:30 AM

Well, I shore hope y'all don't think C&W is all that us Texans lissen to; there are a few of usn's who like other stuff like dat dere jazz, rock 'n roll, pop. Some of us snooty ones even think classical is purty special. wink
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/13/06 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace:
Well, I shore hope y'all don't think C&W is all that us Texans lissen to; there are a few of usn's who like other stuff like dat dere jazz, rock 'n roll, pop. Some of us snooty ones even think classical is purty special. wink
What, no Two Step or Zydeco???????????
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/14/06 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:

...A lot of the content might not be suited for kids and can be a little rough. Those of us who are somewhat warped enjoy the show. I tend to believe that Mark and I fall into this classification.......
Here in NY we have our own version of Bob and Tom. I don't mind warped, I guess I'm kinda warped too, but these guys here are more than warped, they are twisted and gross. I really don't know how the FCC lets them stay on radio, but they seem to be very popular.

smile cool
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/14/06 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Ott:
From Rich:

Quote:
If it ain't Country and Western it don't play on my radio.
... -- all I ever listened to was CW. Now here in New Jersey, I can't even find one CW station worth listening to. What a shame.

bobo
Thats because there isn't a country station thats true country any more. Give me classic country any day. Thats all I listened to before Garth Brooks and the rest of them came and turned it into what it is today. I agree Bob, What a shame! frown

smile cool

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/14/06 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
What, no Two Step or Zydeco???????????
Yeah! Clifton Chenier! King of the Bayous! laugh laugh laugh

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/14/06 02:21 AM

I ordered the DVD of the show from Bob and Tom's website, it came last friday, I thought it was very funny!!

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 10/20/06 03:33 PM

Encore presentation tonight, Friday, 10/20/06, 10pm, (eastern). Comedy Central channel!

Bob and Tom Comedy Hour

www.bobandtom.com

Re: Bob & Tom on TV - 09/07/07 12:52 AM

Bob and Tom Comedy Club has returned for another comedy show!

www.bobandtom.com

Thursday, September 6, 2007, midnight (ET).
© 2024 Collector Forums