LighthouseKeepers.com

Christmas Wishes for HL's Past...

Posted By: Bob M

Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/28/03 03:57 PM

What piece from HL's past productions would you love to have as a gift under your Christmas tree this year? Be realistic, make your wish something that would be affordable for a family member or friend to purchase for you.

Would it be a lightning rod piece?

Would it be a green water piece?

Would it be a Canadian piece?

Would it be a Southern Belle?

Would it be a rare and expensive piece like HL 102 or HL 111?

Would it be an available but somewhat pricey piece like Southeast Block, Burrows Island, of maybe New London Ledge?

Would it be .... ?????

confused Bob confused
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/28/03 04:24 PM

I would be very happy with an affordable New England Light with a lightning rod as I don't have one. I was fortunate to add two AP's to my collection and now would like to fill another void. A lightning rod.

Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/28/03 05:46 PM

For me, it would be The Anchor Bay Portsmouth or the first two Fresnel lenses introduced by HL.

Other's on my Christmas wish list...

HL 189/190 Morris Island; HL200 Navesink; HL155 Bald Head.

Are you passing our lists along to Santa?

Judy smile
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/28/03 06:42 PM

Since I've yet to order one, it would probably be the East Brother Island Society piece. Of Course, HL 604-New Pt Loma would be nice also....
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/28/03 07:55 PM

Since I started this thread, maybe I should put down my wish. It would be great to find a New London Ledge with lightning rod, and Boston Light with a lightning rod. Those two would certainly be welcome additions to my lightning rod collection.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/28/03 09:28 PM

My wish would be for the only Michigan or Ohio Harbour Light piece that I do not have, # 142 Holland Harbor (Big Red).

Tom
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/29/03 12:01 AM

I'm stillllllll looking for a "green water" Michigan City. At least it gives me something to look forward to.
Posted By: Brent

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/29/03 07:06 PM

Ocracoke! smile smile
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/29/03 08:11 PM

Gotta agree with Brent. Ocracoke is the one I need to have all the NC lights (no I do not have 102 or 102r, but I do have "On the Move")
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/29/03 08:19 PM

Well Eric and Brent, although I'm not Santa Claus, I can tell him where to shop ! Randy's got one for sale on the Marketplace, and I'll (and many others) will vouch for him.
Bob
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/30/03 02:44 AM

Thanks, Bob, but I am waiting for the GLOW to come out to push the price down back down to a reasonable level, like the St Simmons I just picked up for $90.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 11/30/03 03:16 AM

Just another reason, and please don't take offense to my response Eric, to dislike the GLOWS. What is the fun of collecting LE's when the GLOWS always lower the value and take the mistique away from having the real thing. I will never understand the theory of the GLOW being the answer to collectors completing their collections. If you want to complete your LE collection or a part of your LE collection then save your money, keep an eye on Ebay or trade for the piece that you want and get the real thing. What good does it do to hope for a GLOW so the price of the LE will come down? The GLOW is out and you have bought the LE and now it's value has decreased to the point that you don't value it like you would have if you would have scrimped and saved to buy it at full price. Just call it my own personal logic and thinking.
Posted By: Elmer

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/03/03 12:36 AM

Maybe there will be a HL131 Canadian green-water Minot's Ledge under the olde tree!? eek
Posted By: Larry

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/03/03 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Elmer:
Maybe there will be a HL131 Canadian green-water Minot's Ledge under the olde tree!? eek
There are THREE Minot green water's on ebay as we speak....

I know that I am getting the Reunion Exclusive Hooper Stait under my tree. I bought it myself at an auction in September and put it away.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/04/03 01:03 AM

Portland Head LE would be nice!

-or-

A pre-sale of Owls Head, Maine ......
Posted By: Ron

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/05/03 02:05 AM

A 102 would be a nice surprize. laugh
Posted By: Stainz

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/10/03 03:35 PM

Hmmm, what do I want for Christmas? World peace? Never happen! End to world hunger? Heck, this time of the year, my feeding habits ARE the cause of world hunger!

Oops... what H-L goodie was the question... hmmm, where would I put another one?? Yeah, that's it, Santa... make my house bigger - with more display cases so I can get my stored mid/far-west lighthouses back out! I'd also like to find that Biloxi light... (I am easily pleased this time of year...).

Merry Christmas, all!

John

PS Santa... if you really have a sense of humor, how about balancing my credit card bill for me???
Posted By: Elmer

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/10/03 03:55 PM

Hi Larry,

There were three green water Minot's on E-Bay at one time ..... eek

I won the bidding on the one I wanted ... had the Made in Canada sticker on the bottom. I don't know if I overpaid or not BUT IT IS MINE, and I won't have to listen to BrightEyes giving me the Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na anymore. :p

Dan
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/10/03 04:05 PM

St. Augustine L.E. (but I think the new event piece will have to suffice)

Mike
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/11/03 01:01 AM

Congratulations Dan !!!!

Glad to hear that your green water/canadian Minot's Ledge is a reality now, and mine is safe in my home!! laugh

Come back anytime for a visit!!! wink
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/11/03 07:48 AM

I think I would like the 604 New Point Loma too. It sure would look nice with the rest of my California collection.

Dale
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Christmas Wishes for HL's Past... - 12/13/03 04:38 AM

A Sandy Hook LE would fill a big void in my collection. Other than Cape Hatteras, and Coquille, that is about the only hole at the top of the list.

-Todd
© 2024 Collector Forums