LighthouseKeepers.com

Avator

Posted By: kikigl

Avator - 08/24/06 08:40 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this.

Someone from TBHLCC recently asked me what the animal was in my avator. For anyone else who was wondering, it is my cat, "Peaches."
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Avator - 08/25/06 12:38 AM

Nice kitty. smile
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Avator - 08/25/06 05:42 AM

I've always thought that she(?)was a beautiful cat, Kay. In fact, I recently saw a picture of a similar cat with the name of the breed. I was going to ask you if it was the same breed - only now I've forgotten what breed the other cat was! As Mark Twain said, "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." I don't think that is the exact quote - who can remember?! frown

Re: Avator - 08/25/06 03:22 PM

Peaches is a Himalayan cat. It's a cross between a Siamese and a Persian. She is a Blue/Cream Point, as was her mother and her father was a flame poin. She looks as if shw had been air-brushed with peach, hence the name
"Peaches." She has the markings of a siamese (ears, tail and mask). The Persian part is the long hair and the flat face.
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Avator - 08/25/06 07:44 PM

Samuel Langhorne Clemens did say that Grace smile

And Kay, how about showing a bigger picture of Peaches? She looks lovely!
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Avator - 08/25/06 11:44 PM

Kay,

I've wondered what your avator was since I first saw it. I'm embarassed to say that I never even realized it was a cat -- more embarassed to find out that it was a photo of your cat, Peaches.

I apoligize for my inate ignorance. I also would like to see a picture of the whole cat. If possible.

bobo

Re: Avator - 08/26/06 04:54 PM

Peaches says "thanks" for the nice things you said about her.
Bob, you're not the only one that didn't know what she was. She doesn't look like a regular cat because her face is kind of "pushed in" (that's the only was I know how to describe it), like a persian cat's.
Posted By: sandy

Re: Avator - 08/26/06 05:12 PM

Grace,

You are a hoot!

Sandy
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Avator - 08/26/06 11:12 PM

Well, Kay, she definitely is a unique looking cat. She's got that look of mystery and intelligence which is what I love about cats!
Judy

Re: Avator - 08/26/06 11:23 PM

I will post some pictures of her after I find out how.
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Avator - 08/27/06 01:40 AM

Kay,

Since others have posted to admit their mistake, I can now post Page Two.

I had decided it might have been some kind of bird. The mouth/nose looks like some type of beak.

Or as Paul Harvey used to say, "And that's the rest of the story." (At least I think that was the radio announcer's name. My Mom would listen to him every day at noon. You must remember that it was about 60 years ago.)

bobo
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Avator - 08/27/06 12:20 PM

Bob, you are correct, it's Paul harvey
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Avator - 08/27/06 06:27 PM

Not sure how long Paul Harvey was/has been on the radio but when I was 16 and a junior in High School I won a contest in our Journalism class to interview him when he visited Port Huron to dedicate an auditorium.

I appeared at WTTH (now WPHM) where he was set up to do his noon newscast, watched that then sat down with him for about 30 minutes. He spent about half the broadcast talking about our hometown and how the McMorran family had donated this wonderful facility to the city.

He was extremely nice and answered all my questions. I also got to attend the sold out speech he gave that night at the McMorran Auditorum in Port Huron and can still remember the theme of his talk was "War Never Ends".

Except for the time Henry Ford II and I were using the same men's room at an office in Detroit, Paul Harvey was probably the most famous person I've been close to. And Henry Ford and I didn't exchange any words while taking care of business. LOL.

Growing up, there was a string of Presidents that I had at least seen in person from Truman through Johnson. I never got to share a bathroom with or interview any of them.

Re: Avator - 08/27/06 07:04 PM

And then there were the celebrities at Barnes & Noble. Mr. C., didn't you tell us that you rang up Jennifer Aniston's purchases - maybe Jerry Seinfeld's(?). And, Bob, I remember that Paul Harvey always came on during lunchtime when I was a kid. He is still on the air, although I don't listen to him.
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Avator - 08/27/06 09:35 PM

Paul Harvey is/was great. I understand his son is doing his show now. Does anyone know if this is a fact? I can't seem to find him on the radio here in NY. frown

smile cool

Re: Avator - 08/27/06 11:06 PM

I've heard him on one of the local all news stations and it sure sounds like the man himself.
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Avator - 08/28/06 05:45 PM

Wow Grace, if so hes been around a long long time. If you get any info as to when and what syndicate/station he's on please let me know.

smile cool
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Avator - 08/28/06 06:38 PM

Bob, Here's what I found by "googling" Paul Harvey

Paul Harvey affliliates
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Avator - 08/28/06 09:22 PM

Thanks, Mel...

I read that post just in time to catch his noon broadcast on KTAR in Phoenix. His voice doesn't have the same command as it once did, but it's definitely unique.

PAGE TWO!
© 2024 Collector Forums