LighthouseKeepers.com

Forums Availability

Posted By: flacoastie

Forums Availability - 06/20/19 12:09 PM

I have noticed since Tuesday that the Forums is not always available. I get the message that the web page is not available on my desktop, IPad, IPhone and IPod but my lap top has no problem. When I troubleshoot it tells me that the DNS server is not available. My desktop and lap top are both windows 8.1 and I use internet explorer for my browser. My apple products us a different browser I assume.

I can check a few minutes later and all products now can bring up the website like nothing ever happened. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Dave seems to think I have a provider problem and not a DNS problem at the originating end. Please take a few minutes and give me your input.
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Forums Availability - 06/20/19 12:19 PM

No issues at all on this end on either Firefox or Microsoft Edge
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Forums Availability - 06/20/19 05:02 PM

No issues on Microsoft Edge

Re: Forums Availability - 06/21/19 10:47 AM

Either the problem appears to have been fixed or rebooting my modem cleared the problem. It has been 24 hours since I last saw the problem I described in my opening post.
Posted By: RMau

Re: Forums Availability - 06/22/19 11:03 AM

I've seen the same/similar issue. Click my bookmark for the Forums, the page doesn't load and I get window offering to take me to the Wayback Machine (a legitimate thing) version of the Forum page.

I haven't done any specific troubleshooting. It seems that wait a bit, close and restart the browser (Chrome on Win 10) or even reboot the PC resolve the issue. Until it happens again.

I have noticed that getting to the FOrums isn't the only sign of an issue. When this happens other web pages, including gmail, MLB and Ancestry slow to a crawl loading pages, or don't load at all.

So maybe its a Florida thing!

Rick

Re: Forums Availability - 06/22/19 04:15 PM

Rick,

The only web page it affected was the Forums on my desktop (windows 8.1), IPhone, Ipad and Ipod. My laptop is also Windows 8.1 and it was fine. Dave thought the reboot of my modem was the fix so all is good in the horse capital of Florida.

Re: Forums Availability - 07/08/19 03:10 PM

The new look is going to take some getting use to. What does everyone think? I would like to hear some responses!
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Forums Availability - 07/08/19 03:16 PM

Not sure I like it.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Forums Availability - 07/09/19 02:06 AM

I am confused. where am I, Am I in the fifth dimension. everything is out of place.
© 2024 Collector Forums