LighthouseKeepers.com

UPS RATE HIKE

Posted By: Charles E Brown

UPS RATE HIKE - 06/10/16 10:47 AM

I us UPS frequently for buying, selling, swapping and shipping lights. Today I received a notice of a rate hike for ground shipping. When this takes affect next month it will certainly be a hit as much as I do. If you are not receiving UPS info please look at this when you can.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/10/16 03:55 PM

USPS, now UPS jacking their rates up. And this all when we are supposed to have lower cost gas. Certainly not helping people who use their services much. How big a rate hike did they pile on?
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/10/16 05:44 PM

In Ocala, FL I recently shipped a package to Michigan weighing 3 lbs in a 13" x 13" x 14" box. I believe UPS was $23.00 with $100 insurance, the post office was $18.00 with $50.00 ($20.50 with $100) insurance and FEDEX was $15.00 with $100 insurance. With UPS they charge extra in a rural area, the post office charges by zone and it seem FEDEX does not charge extra whether it goes across country and is in the sticks.

FEDEX has now earned my business if I ship out of the Florida area.

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/10/16 05:45 PM

New rate begins at 9.08 for one pound and goes up from there per pound and delivery zone. The ful charts can be found in line.

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/10/16 05:47 PM

UPS rate page has the full chart.
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/15/16 08:20 PM

Yup, UPS usually only adjusts their rates in January, but they added another adjustment this year. Since the last increase they have been nickel and diming me to death with adjustment after adjustment. Don't know how they measure their packages but it sure isn't with a standard tape measure! Either that or my packages grow an inch or two in transit. Gave up complaining, doesn't fix anything. Last time I talked to a UPS sales rep I told him I was shipping most of my packages through the post office now. He told me he was putting together a proposal which would guarantee I'd get better rates through UPS. Been a number of months, still waiting... Strange also how they introduced this fee increase by saying they were becoming more competitive in the market place.

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/15/16 08:53 PM

More competitive in keeping up with other's rate increases . . .

Gas is supposed to be cheaper overall at this point so wonder what their excuse is?

Maybe you should ship packages via Patriots. They seem to be able to deflate things . . .

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/16/16 07:34 AM

LOW BLOW !! Boy, does that sting New England fans.
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/16/16 08:09 AM

Some fans are just jealous! So, how 'bout them Colts? REALLY impressive! When was the last time they made the playoffs? Oh yeah, 45-7. Great game! Your "star" quarterback played so well that day. Last year, too!!

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 06/16/16 05:32 PM

You notice I didn't bring up or mention the Browns!
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 07/04/16 08:43 AM

That is a good thing Rich!

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 07/04/16 04:15 PM

But LeBron got it done for you in BB.

UPS will probably celebrate with extra rate increase for Cleveland . . .

Re: UPS RATE HIKE - 07/04/16 05:14 PM

UPS seems to use every excuse possible to raise their rates.
© 2024 Collector Forums