LighthouseKeepers.com

Are HL lighthouse maps available?

Posted By: Stainz

Are HL lighthouse maps available? - 06/19/02 05:35 PM

I would like to find some maps showing the relative positions of the lighthouses HL makes. It would be nice to have a sectional map for each state - or region. Examples would be ME & MA including coastal islands, NY including Hudson River lights, Chesapeake, NC, SC, & GA including outer banks & islands, etc.

Is anything like this available? It would be a great way to order your H-L collection. Thanks for your help - and suggestions.

John
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Are HL lighthouse maps available? - 06/19/02 05:55 PM

Congratulations John!

In case you haven't noticed you have now reached the magical status of Wacko!

Bert
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Are HL lighthouse maps available? - 06/19/02 07:51 PM

John,

First, congrats on your reaching wacko-dom.

HL did put out a map of the US with their lights listed several years ago. It has been out of circulation for a while, and would not be anywhere near current with all the new additions each year. Coming at this from the other direction, you could acquire a map of US lighthouses and hightlight the ones HL makes. Such a map is available, but I am not sure if it shows all the lights in the US or just the "popular" and better known ones.

Dave
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Are HL lighthouse maps available? - 06/20/02 06:10 AM

WACKO Johns turn to buy the Krispy Kreams !!!

John, I'll take mine next week when I'm up in your area. LOL

Stephanie
Posted By: Stainz

Re: Are HL lighthouse maps available? - 06/20/02 01:26 PM

Wow... I turned fifty - again! Second time in almost four years...

Hey, will my WACKO status, never really a question to those who know me, AND an AARP card get me a discount on H-L??

I wonder why the National Geographic folk haven't done an 'American Lighthouse' special??

John
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Are HL lighthouse maps available? - 06/20/02 02:03 PM

Is that the map from the first reunion? If it is, that was in 1997 and that baby is way out dated from all the pieces that have been produced since then!
Posted By: bonnebert

Re: Are HL lighthouse maps available? - 06/20/02 06:09 PM

I don't know if this will help, but I have a map, Lighthouses of the United States, Hartnett House Map Publishers, that shows every standing lighthouses. There are also cutout sections.
Posted By: FrankB

Re: Are HL lighthouse maps available? - 06/21/02 05:10 PM

There are two series that I know of.

Harnett House Map Publishing - "______ Lighthouses Map & Guide"
The series includes Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Mid-Atlantic, Northwest, and Southeast. May be others I don't know about. I consider this the better series.
This company also publishes the "Lighthouses of the United States - Map & Guide" mentioned above by bonnebert.

Pinpoint Guide - "Pinpoint Guide to ______ Lighthouses"
This series includes California, Eastern Great Lakes, Mid-Atlantic, South Atlantic, and Western Great Lakes. Also may be others I don't know about.
This series is on higher quality paper and Ray Jones, well-known for his lighthouse books, is the author of the text, but I am surprised at the number of notable lighthouses not mentioned.

FrankB
© 2024 Collector Forums