LighthouseKeepers.com

The Forum Is Still Alive

Posted By: Charles E Brown

The Forum Is Still Alive - 07/22/14 07:19 PM

I am a newbie in terms of years as a Harbour Lights Collector and size of my collection but this forum is beneficial to me as a collector. I have only posted once but the questions and answers are extremely informative. My one post resulted in a local collector contacting me and sharing a long sought light with me. Harbour Lights may be gone but the sale and exchange of lights is thriving through E-Bay, contacts with collectors on the forum, and other web sites that the forum makes us aware of. In the past year I have added the entire Anchor Bay Collection and 165 Harbour Lights to my collection from these contacts. Harbour Lights, Anchor Bay, and my original collection of Danbury Mint Lights have taken over my home and these will be passed on to others when I go to the great lighthouse in the sky. I will be forever grateful for the education on the history and collection of Harbour Lights I have received from memebrs of this forum and contacts these knowledgeable sources have provided. This forum needs to remain and I am willing to do what I can to support the forum including paying a yearly subscription if necessary.

Thank you.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: The Forum Is Still Alive - 07/23/14 02:54 PM

The yearly fee is one way of keeping the Forums alive and that is the way we supported the Forums before the exclusives were made. Another way is a raffle to raise money which we have also done in the past. The real question in John's post basically is the Forums still worth keeping alive?
There are several ways to fund it but is it worth it to fund it?
© 2024 Collector Forums