LighthouseKeepers.com

Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting

Posted By: Kaiz

Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/19/00 06:17 PM

Mike's favorite lighthouse is Minot's Ledge. As an early Christmas present to ourselves, after many discussions with Mark Sherman, this is the end result.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=24989&a=163334&p=33493495[/img]

We wanted to share our newest edition with our Harbour Lights family.

Kaiz
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/19/00 06:51 PM

WOW!!, What a great painting, thats a stunning piece of work.

Was it made from a picture of yours? or a composite of pictures? or Marks own vision?

Any Chance that it could make it in to a future HL calandar?
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/19/00 07:37 PM

That is a beutiful painting you have there. As always Mark Sherman has created a lovely setting. Thank you for sharing that with us.
Posted By: Kaiz

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/19/00 07:55 PM

Mark, the whole process involved quite a few phone calls. I had certain elements that I really wanted in the painting and Mark discussed with me how he could make it all work. To answer your question, most of my photos are not close enough for the detail that Mark puts into his work.
I wish I could take some of the credit but 99.99% is all Mark Sherman. He also was very professional and nice to deal with. The whole experience was great.

Kaiz
Posted By: easy

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/19/00 11:03 PM

Looks like GREEN water!?
Joe
Posted By: Sonic59

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/20/00 01:27 AM

Congratulations Mike & Patty, looks like you have quite a masterpiece on your hands. I hope we can get a close up view of it at the next club meeting. Thanks for sharing it with all of us here.
Roger & Donna
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/20/00 02:24 AM

Joe... green water is very typical in a storm. As the seas get churned up, more oxygen is introduced creating the green color. Lord knows I've seen my share of it. It's also amazing how many faces riding that green water turn the same color. LOL

Patty, I know Mike is really going to love it. It's a great painting!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/20/00 03:03 AM

What a very special gift. I'm sure this painting will be a major focal point in your home.

Dave
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/20/00 04:24 AM

Mike and Patty, Thank you for sharing your beautiful painting. Perhaps someday Roy and I will be as fortunate. Enjoy

------------------
Roy & Carolyn
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/20/00 01:09 PM

Minot's Ledge is about a 45 minute ride from my home. I have visited the shoreline through that area several times. Your painting is a magnificent representation of a truly historic and extremely interesting light. Congratulations on being the proud owner of such a fine painting!

Bob
Posted By: mombo

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/20/00 04:47 PM

What a perfect way to say, "I love you" (1-4-3)!
Posted By: Jim Johnston

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/20/00 07:55 PM

Minot's Ledge my first Harbour Lights Lighthouse. I find that its one of my favorite waved washed lighthouses. I would like to see that picture added to the screen saver.
Posted By: easya

Re: Mark Sherman's Minot's Ledge Painting - 11/24/00 02:53 PM

Tim, my GREEN water comment was sarcastic. I love my HL Minot's with the green water. What a beautiful structure. And Mark, what a great painting!
Joe
© 2024 Collector Forums