LighthouseKeepers.com

Days Gone By; New Issue Speculation

Posted By: Len Ariagno

Days Gone By; New Issue Speculation - 10/15/99 02:25 AM

Anyone hear any rumors??? Now that Harbour Lights has issued its "Days Gone By" figures that feature the Davis Family I wonder if this is a lead-in to a related new release lighthouse. Notably George Davis was a keeper at Gurnet Light, in Plymouth, MA. This charasmatic lighthouse (is wooden), was recently moved away from an eroding shoreline cliff, and also featured in the recent Society Newsletter. My wife and I are from this area and would be elated if Harbour Lights produced Gurnet Light as a new release in the year 2000. Can anyone comment???
Len
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Days Gone By; New Issue Speculation - 10/15/99 02:43 PM

We snuck in and saw Gurnet Point lighthouse before they moved it to its new location. I'd love to see it made, particularly if they include part of the grounds of the former fortification that was there.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Days Gone By; New Issue Speculation - 10/15/99 09:59 PM

I'll vote for any area lighthouse! Doesn't the Gurnet still have a cannonball hole in it? That was a rumor I heard.

Bob

Re: Days Gone By; New Issue Speculation - 10/16/99 02:05 AM

Bob,
I too have actually read about that cannon ball. I will check my reference material and let everyone know. Does anyone else have any info on the Gurnet???
Len
Posted By: mombo

Re: Days Gone By; New Issue Speculation - 10/16/99 04:28 AM

If they make it, it would be nice if it had both towers!

MOMBO
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Days Gone By; New Issue Speculation - 10/17/99 05:22 AM

Come on Habour Lights, hit us with another new one! This one would be great!

Rusty

Re: Days Gone By; New Issue Speculation - 10/23/99 02:10 PM

In "America's Landfall; The Lighthouses of Cape Cod, Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard," by Donald W. Davidson (see page 55)the following is written. "and at the Gurnet Light, a ball from a cannon in an offshore skirmish landed on the light, but never diminished the lantern."
© 2024 Collector Forums