LighthouseKeepers.com

Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix

Posted By: AlanBeckman

Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/19/00 03:10 AM

I recently bought an Old Point Loma GLOW. When I was putting it in my curio cabinet, I noticed that the flag number is 722 with no prefix. Is this common or did I get lucky?

AB in Ala_Bam
Posted By: LINDA

Re: Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/19/00 03:13 AM

I have one #717 no prefix either, but I have had this one for a while. Sorry still did'nt answer the question.

Linda
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/19/00 05:04 AM

The GLOW Point Loma and GLOW Ponce de Leon were accidently shipped without the preface letter "A". I believe it is about the first 1,000 of each that are missing their "A" letter.

If others have these GLOW pieces and would like to post their serial numbers and whether or not it has an A letter, perhaps we can define the break more closely. If you have a "B" piece or higher, it is not necessary to post.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/19/00 05:11 AM

I am using Jim Rutherford's Harbour Lights Survival Guide for this information.
Quote:
A factory mixup caused some of the Ponce de Leons and Old Point Lomas to be numbered without the "A" prefix. Not all of any block of numbers are this way; a low number might or might not have the prefix

Jim was writing about open editions in the previous paragraph to put his quote in the context that it was written.
By the way a must have for any Harbour Lights collector is both his survival guide and his newsletter. Check out this link about the Survival guide:
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000369.html
Posted By: Hal Dean

Re: Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/19/00 06:00 AM

My Ponce de Leon glow is number 649 without the A prefex
Hal
Posted By: Gary Toth

Re: Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/23/00 03:31 AM

I have a pair of each. The Ponce de Leon numbers are 1964 & A3708. The Point Loma numbers are 1540 & A3700.

Gary
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/23/00 04:35 AM

My Ponce & Point Loma GLOWs are A26
Posted By: dwood

Re: Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/24/00 12:51 AM

My Point Loma is 1459
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Old Point LOma GLOW Prefix - 01/24/00 01:23 AM

As I attempted to point out about 6 posts up the thread, by quoting Jim Rutherford, the results will be random.
Quote:
Not all of any block of numbers are this way; a low number might or might not have the prefix

This means some of the low numbers will have the ‘A’ and some won't have it, and in no order. Just with the posts so far this is supported, there will not be a defined line where they stop or start.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
© 2024 Collector Forums