Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 08/24/01 07:45 AM

http://www.msnbc.com/news/618285.asp?pne=msn

------------------
KRISTIN ERIN SCROOPE
kristin@scroope.net
http://www.scroope.net/lighthouses/lhlist.htm
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 08/24/01 01:03 PM

Will HL manufacture a small pewter figurine with a motorized back-pack and parachute to add to our SOL's? (LOL!)

Seriously, that clown could have killed himself and several people below with that idiotic stunt. Hopefully, justice will be served to prevent similar incidents in the future.

Bob
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 08/24/01 03:01 PM

I agree Bob! I'm going to get one of my son's army men with a parachute and hang it off of Lady Liberty's arm for that "hang on" effect! That was about the stupidest "stunt" I have ever seen!
Posted By: Michael Moore

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 08/25/01 12:39 AM

Unbelievable. But then again, it would have been a really slow news day otherwise.
Posted By: DocJ44

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 08/25/01 03:07 AM

If he keeps it up, he may end up with a nomination for a Darwin award.
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 08/26/01 03:20 PM

Unbelievable! Can't believe this guy was actually trying to land on the torch! Could have gotten himself or someone killed.

Rusty
Posted By: chris g

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 08/27/01 10:19 AM

When the St. Louis arch was erected, it was made illegal to fly anything through it (planes, helicopters, etc) but of course it has been done. I guess there is something about the thrill of doing something illegal that makes people want to do it. Then there was the guy who tried to parachute and land on the arch. It is stainless steel- you can guess how hard it is. When he hit the arch, he slid down the side and hit the ground. He was not arrested because he died in the attempt! Are some people actually vying to be included in the Darwin list????

chris g
Posted By: Buz Dean

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 08/30/01 05:03 AM

Thrill seekers will go to any extreme! I still have a problem with why people want to jump from a perfectly ggod airplane. Bill Cosby said it best; " Wait for the last minute than jump up towards the ceiling. Than it should not hurt so much!"
Posted By: Buz Dean

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 09/19/01 08:02 AM

(this one is sick but than humor is a good healer)

You don't think this was a practice run?!!!!!!!

------------------
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 09/19/01 02:19 PM

SICK INDEED
Posted By: Joanne

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 09/19/01 09:15 PM

Whoa, I forgot this was an old thread. When I saw the title, my stomach lurched thinking we had another terrorist attack. Whew, what a relief that it was just an idiot. Try that today and he'd probably end up shot down by an F16.

Joanne
Posted By: kscroope

Re: Paraglider rams into Statue of Liberty - 09/21/01 01:07 AM

Yikes! That wasn't funny.

------------------
KRISTIN ERIN SCROOPE
kristin@scroope.net
http://www.scroope.net/lighthouses/lhlist.htm

[This message has been edited by kscroope (edited 09-20-2001).]
© 2024 Collector Forums