LighthouseKeepers.com

Bill's Present to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday

Posted By: RFoster

Bill's Present to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday - 06/04/01 12:39 AM

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=968985&a=13150058&p=49746612&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Harbour Lights Founder Bill Younger presents an artist proof of Portsmouth Harbor lighthouse to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday. The celebration was held on Sat. June 2, 2001 at Yokens Restaurant in Portsmouth, NH. and hosted by The American Lighthouse Foundation.

The lighthouse community turned out in record numbers to honor "The First Lady of Light" on this special occasion. Bill was the featured speaker and Tim Harrison (ALF, Lighthouse Digest / Depot) the evenings master of ceremonies.

I will be posting a link to an album with more images soon.

"Keeping The Flame in New England"
Ron
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Bill's Present to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday - 06/04/01 01:10 PM

What a wonderful picture, Ron. What a thrill it must have been for Connie to be recognized in such a fashion at age 100.

Bob
Posted By: Augie K.

Re: Bill's Present to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday - 06/04/01 01:18 PM

Great picture, Ron. That was a wonderful evening with Connie. She looked great!! Tim Harrison and all of ALF did a great job. Look forward to seeing your photo album. The Portsmouth piece, by Harbour Lights, is a fantastic piece.

Augie
New England Lighthouse Lovers
Posted By: JohnL

Re: Bill's Present to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday - 06/04/01 07:35 PM

That's a great picture Ron. Connie looks great and so does the Portsmouth Harbor piece. Another beauty by HL.

John

------------------
Wave after wave will flow in the tide and bury the world as it does.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Bill's Present to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday - 06/05/01 02:44 AM

Seeing how great Connie looks almost makes me want to be 100! Well, maybe not just yet. Great picture Ron, worth at least a thousand words! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your photos.
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Bill's Present to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday - 06/05/01 03:30 AM

What a great photo, Ron! I kept looking at Connie's face and thinking about all that she has seen in her lifetime, all that she has experienced...

She's a remarkable woman!

Barb
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bill's Present to Connie Small for her 100th Birthday - 06/10/01 07:13 PM

Thanks for the report and great pic Ron. I do notice one thing in the photo. Nancy had better watch out, I think Connie has her "eyes" on Bill.

terry
© 2024 Collector Forums