LighthouseKeepers.com

Another HL Dealer Bites The Dust

Posted By: Jim Chesher

Another HL Dealer Bites The Dust - 04/01/08 05:02 PM

Was just contacted by my dealer, Edgewater Treasures in Jacksonville, FL to notifiy me that they were sending me the latest two pieces (South Haven and Waukegan Harbor). They also told me that everything they had was 40% off because they were going out of business. Not just the HL business but shutting down. They were located right downtown in Jacksonville Landing. They were a large dealter with a fairly sizable selection. Might be worth a phone call if you looking for a deal on some specific pieces. Guess I will have to find a new dealer now.

Jim
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Another HL Dealer Bites The Dust - 04/01/08 05:59 PM

That is one that hits home. Edgewater treasure was my first dealer that I started Harbour lights with. The whole story is in the “Official Collectors Guide to Harbour Lights”
I believe that now takes away the last dealer in North East Florida.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Another HL Dealer Bites The Dust - 04/02/08 02:24 PM

I think every time we see a HL dealer go out of business we think that it is a reflection of low interest in Harbor lights and other collectables in general. I did some digging and even thought there maybe some problems from the slump in collecting; it’s going out of business because of owner management problems. Also the Jacksonville landing area has become less active and with hard to find and expensive parking that area has become less desirable for businesses.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Another HL Dealer Bites The Dust - 04/03/08 12:05 AM

Edgewater Treasures was one of my favorite dealers. I didn't buy much from them as I'm on autoship elsewhere. But I always stopped by to take a look around and would inevitablely buy something from them whenever I would be in the Jacksonville area.

I sure hate to hear this bad news.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Another HL Dealer Bites The Dust - 04/03/08 02:09 AM

Have had contact with this store, Edgewater Treasurers thru the years in regards to another collectible, and sad to hear that they are closing their business. Tough times for all! frown
© 2024 Collector Forums