LighthouseKeepers.com

Barnegat in Grenada

Posted By: oseabee

Barnegat in Grenada - 09/28/01 10:24 PM

I just got my mail and it had a letter from a stamp co.showing Barnegat on a stamp from the island of Grenada.Bill O'Brien
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 09/29/01 02:13 PM

You never know where people from "Jersey" might have influence.

Tony Soprano

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 09-29-2001).]
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 09/29/01 09:11 PM

I just received a mailing from the Postal Commemorative Society. The item they are selling is a print of Barnegat Lighthouse by Rudi Reichardt. In the mat below the print are three stamps. One of the stamps is the Grenada stamp of Barnegat lighthouse.

Suzanne
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 09/29/01 10:05 PM

terry

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 09/30/01 02:13 AM

That is the mailing I got also Suzanne Bill O'Brien

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 09/30/01 02:37 AM

Bill - Do you have the Cape Hatteras print with stamps that the Postal Commemorative Society sold several years ago? Do you know if they had any other lighthouse prints with stamps?

Suzanne

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 09/30/01 04:22 AM

No suzanne I have never bought any of their stuff but they keep sending me letters that keep filling my round file.Bill O'Brien
Posted By: Mike Richards

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 09/30/01 02:24 PM

In the photo above the stamp above Barnegat looks to me like Montauk.

Mike
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 09/30/01 05:18 PM

I think you're right Mike. The other two look like St. Augustine and Alcatraz to me.
Either way, they are nice looking stamps! I have to try and get a set of them!

Thanks for posting the picture of them Terry!
Posted By: Lighthouse Ghost

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 10/01/01 03:09 AM

Suzanne, yes, the Postal Comm. Society had four previous lighthouse prints with stamps done by artist Rudi Reichardt. They are Portland Head, Bass Harbour Head, Boston Harbour and Cape Hatteras. I have all 4 and will be getting the Barnegat one as well.

Regards,

Lighthouse Ghost

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 10/01/01 04:02 AM

Was Hatteras the most recent one? I have that one and it is very nice.

Suzanne
Posted By: Lighthouse Ghost

Re: Barnegat in Grenada - 10/01/01 02:18 PM

Suzanne, I am not sure which is the most recent. The initial mailing I got a few years ago showed all four but Hatteras was the most prominently shown. I simply asked them to send me all four and sent a check for the total amount rather than waiting several months between them and paying in monthly installments. I am sure that if you were to purchase the Barnegat one that they will send you info on the rest or if you call them, you can probably get info on all of them before you purchase anything.

Regards,

Lighthouse Ghost
© 2024 Collector Forums