LighthouseKeepers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten...

Posted By: Rock

Gone But Not Forgotten... - 12/28/99 05:42 PM

Now that Xmas is gone, it's time for a little reflection, perhaps to remind ourselves that it truly is better to give than to receive, that family comes first not material possessions, that you should first wash the XL sweatshirts you receive before trying them on! My head got stuck in the opening and as I squirmed about, gasping for daylight, arms flailing wildly, I unwittingly reduced the edition number of Bolivar, TX from 5500 to 5499...

Rest in peace #3003...

Any other collectors out there recent "demolition experts"?

[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 12-28-99).]
Posted By: Digger

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 12/28/99 06:15 PM

Sounds like my services are in need once again.
Posted By: JJ

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 12/29/99 03:17 AM

Just put it up on e-bay. It couldn't be any worse than the others from the pawn shop.
Jim
Johnson
Posted By: mombo

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 12/29/99 06:57 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss, Rock.
Sounds like receiving was definitely worse than giving!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 12/29/99 01:04 PM

Sorry to here about your loss. I destroyed a (retired)Buffalo LE a while back, but was able to replace it. When I told my local dealer what had happened (Grandma's in Albany who happened to still have one in stock), they let me have it for 25% off of retail. That was real nice of them to do that.
On the lighter side, maybe you can get some federal funding to restore your lighthouse.

"TheLightkeeper"

[This message has been edited by TheLightkeeper (edited 12-29-99).]
Posted By: easy

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 01/02/00 09:52 PM

Rock, sure am sorry to here of your loss, but then again I couldnt stop laughing about the way it was destroyed. See Ya!
Posted By: Marzipan

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 01/04/00 11:29 PM

Rock,

I can imagine how bad you feel. Good luck on finding a replacement. My condolences.

------------------
~Dale
Posted By: Marzipan

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 01/04/00 11:34 PM

Hi Lightkeeper,

I'm sure you don't remember me, but we met at Grandma's in Colonie in November. I was puchasing my first piece and you told me about these forums. Thanks so much for letting me know about this great place.

------------------
~Dale
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 01/05/00 03:51 AM

Sorry about your loss, Rock. You've just described every collectors worst nightmare, albeit with a good laugh for those of us reading your post! I had a close call recently when my two year old granddaughter pulled open the doors of my curio (I didn't think she could reach the knobs)and I saw her barely in time to say, "No, no, Katie, those are Nana's!" Needless to say the knobs are now fastened securely when she is around!

Barb
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Gone But Not Forgotten... - 01/05/00 10:12 PM

Rock,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've had a few close calls myself but so far no damage. Good luck finding a replacemnt. There seem to be a few out there still at retail. Occasionally even below retail on e-bay and in the marketplace.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord!
Rest in Peace Bolivar #3003

Dale
© 2024 Collector Forums