LighthouseKeepers.com

Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it?

Posted By: rscroope

Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/12/06 09:12 PM

Is there anyway we can get Tony to come to the Chat Room on Thursday night, and tell us what the releases for 2007 will be on the next day Friday, December 15th? wink
Bob
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/12/06 09:26 PM

What chatroom would that be, Bob?

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/12/06 09:36 PM

You know Paul, the one we use to have on this CF on alterating Wednesdays :rolleyes: , and Thursdays at confusing times. We even had one on Europe time once on a Sunday.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/12/06 09:52 PM

I don't think the software is active, is it??
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/12/06 09:56 PM

This chat room ? It has been paid for. Have to decide if it is worth paying for another year since we don't use it.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/12/06 11:09 PM

Before we decide to renew the chat room software or drop it, does anyone here USE a video-based chat service?

Do you have a webcam? Do you have a microphone or headset on your PC?

There are free packages out there if you're willing to put up with a banner ad.
Others cost $$$ per month and limit the number of those present at a chat.
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/13/06 12:05 AM

I often "video-chat" with my sister using either ICQ or Yahoo messenger.
Didn't know you could do it here too???? confused

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/13/06 07:59 PM

Bob, I spoke with Tony and he is traveling Thursday and Friday and won't be able to make the chat. However, I think it might be fun to go ahead and gather and do some good old fashioned speculating about what the news will be. What time is good for everyone? This would not be the week for a normal Thursday chat but we can still meet - just have to settle on a time.

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/13/06 08:10 PM

after 9 eastern daylight would be good for me
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/13/06 08:37 PM

Instead of spending the money on the chat software...what if we set up something with one of the free companies...like Skype or MSN/Live or something? I know a lot of us use some kind of messager...maybe we could find a common one and all use it?

Just an idea...with all the free options out there, is the paid software really worth it?

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/13/06 10:00 PM

If we want to have a discussion on whether or not to keep chat room software and any possible replacements let's start a new thread please.

Bob, we'll split the Wed & Thu times - let's go with 9:30 eastern on Thu 12/14
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/13/06 10:01 PM

Sounds like an idea Greg.
I already have ICQ, MSN and Yahoo Messenger. Oh and Skype too (that is how we have a US telephone number wink )
And I am happy to use any of them. What else is there?
Don't mind getting another one, provided it is free.
Still ... the times you chat, are usually ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ time for me :rolleyes:
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/14/06 02:56 AM

I just started playing with skype, very cool! cool
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/14/06 10:17 PM

Please post a link here for the chat or tell me how to get there. I will try to make it.
Posted By: BeaconBob

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/14/06 10:46 PM

Can I guess that this is at 9:30 eastern...in the PM?

Re: Thursday Dec 14thNew Release Chat??? What time can you make it? - 12/14/06 11:11 PM

Sean, chat room .

Bob, 2130 eastern or 0230Z whichever works for you . . . . or, we could go with 3 bells . . . .
© 2024 Collector Forums