LighthouseKeepers.com

Anchors Aweigh

Posted By: JTimothyA

Anchors Aweigh - 10/25/98 07:13 PM

With the elimination by HL of the OE from most of the existing and all of the future Anchor Bay line-up, are you any more likely to collect Anchor Bay models?

While the undoing of the AB OEs may represent financial prudence on the part of HL, was this move made too late to boost the line's collectibility?

From the Dry Dock,
__
/im
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Anchors Aweigh - 10/25/98 08:30 PM

I never intended to collect Anchor Bay pieces. I had enough to do just trying to keep up the regular HL collection. Then I won the Huron LS at the reunion. Now I just bought the Chesapeake LS. Will I buy more ABs? Probably, but only the light ships. I have no real interest in the other boats. They are beautiful pieces!
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Anchors Aweigh - 10/25/98 08:57 PM

This is the first I've heard of this. Can you provide a little more detail? When did AB make this decision and what's their reasoning?

Personally, I have the 2 lightships and plan to get the Columbia. After that, I'll probably stop unless something else just bowls me over.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anchors Aweigh - 10/25/98 08:59 PM

I also never intended to collect the Anchor Bay line, I think the pieces are well made but the oversize displays were my main reason for not collecting them and secondly they are a bit pricy.

And Tim, sorry to hear about you dry dock hopefully you'll have some rain soon.

Mark
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Anchors Aweigh - 10/25/98 09:31 PM

More information about the changes to the Anchor Bay Line can be found at http://www.HarbourLights.com/news/index.htm

-Todd

[To convert the URL into a clickable one...
[Note: This message was edited by JChidester and re-edited by Todd Shorkey, how many people does it take to create a hyperlink?]

[This message has been edited by Todd Shorkey.]
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Anchors Aweigh - 10/25/98 09:49 PM

My editing of Todd's message didn't work - here's the link to the News Page:

www.harbourlights.com/news
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Anchors Aweigh - 10/26/98 02:32 AM

Does create an nice lab rat test. How does limited vs GLOW impact collectors buying habits. I guess we'll have a better understanding of the results in 6 months or so. I admit it perked up my ears a bit. Don't know which button I will press yet though.

-RodW

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson.]
© 2024 Collector Forums